• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS VEGA 64 Strix *Improve VRM temps fix*

Soldato
Well Boom you held out a really long while, before buying a new gpu. haha.

You still got time to put a order in for a 2080ti before they launch. haha :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well Boom you held out a really long while, before buying a new gpu. haha.

You still got time to put a order in for a 2080ti before they launch. haha :p

Eh? Why was I holding off buying a new one? That's literally what I do xD

I did have to let one go when I had massive car expense lol. That's sorted now though.

Ha, na I won't go Nvidia 2### series. Prices are for fangirls only. If the price ever comes down maybe. Or grab a used one from mm xD

Soldato
Yes because a Asus repair engineer won't notice the changed thermal pad once they crack the card open. :rolleyes:

Why would they open it if it's faulty and the stickers are still in place? It will get tested and then thrown in the skip if it doesn't work.

Plus the pads aren't glued down so they stay in place when you pull the heatsink off. So you couldn't even tell if it's been removed and put back on.

Soldato
Eh? Why was I holding off buying a new one? That's literally what I do xD

I did have to let one go when I had massive car expense lol. That's sorted now though.

Ha, na I won't go Nvidia 2### series. Prices are for fangirls only. If the price ever comes down maybe. Or grab a used one from mm xD
I was pulling your leg :D

bru

bru

Soldato
Why would they open it if it's faulty and the stickers are still in place? It will get tested and then thrown in the skip if it doesn't work.

Plus the pads aren't glued down so they stay in place when you pull the heatsink off. So you couldn't even tell if it's been removed and put back on.

So you really think they throw away a perfectly good GPU if it has a minor fault that can be repaired in 5 mins with a soldering iron. :rolleyes:

Associate
So you really think they throw away a perfectly good GPU if it has a minor fault that can be repaired in 5 mins with a soldering iron. :rolleyes:

I don't think they would, but it may also be quite difficult to find the actual problem making it not worth the hours to investigate that ... so I see it as a possibility they might throw them away at some point.

bru

bru

Soldato
How many of us have ever had fixed or fixed ourselves anything electrical, yup loads of us. Of course they don't throw them away if they don't work, they will at least try a repair first, to think otherwise is even more bonkers than DLSS sounded when I first heard about it.;)

Soldato

It cheaper to just send a replacement than spend hours trying to fault find and repair it. I doubt they pay electronics experts to sit there investigating every faulty card which is sent back.

bru

bru

Soldato
It cheaper to just send a replacement than spend hours trying to fault find and repair it. I doubt they pay electronics experts to sit there investigating every faulty card which is sent back.

Oh yes much cheaper, another £500 plus card rather than a few pence on surface mount components and an hours wages for one of their technicians. No I really don't think so.

Soldato
I would think they have a set time/cost to find out the problem with each item and then after that time/cost they throw it away or throw part of it away.

bru

bru

Soldato
I would think they have a set time/cost to find out the problem with each item and then after that time/cost they throw it away or throw part of it away.

Yes of course, just like when you crash your car, there comes a point when it is cheaper to replace the front wing than have a dent pulled out. Or of course at the other end of the scale is it repairable or is it a write off.

Soldato
OP
Nice fix, I was actually really tempted to get a Vega 64 Strix but ended up getting a 1080 Ti Gaming X for only a bit more.

Nice, 1080 Ti is still Nvidia's best card imho.

Still can't get over how lackluster 2*** Nvidia's new cards are, and after 2 years ! The terrible pricing is the cherry on top.

MM never looked so good (; , really like this Strix RX VEGA 64, enjoy your 1080 Ti mate.

Back
Top Bottom