On button fans briefly spin then nothing

Associate
So I have got a returned issue on this PC. Since upgrading all components except PSU, Antec 900 case and 760GTX at Xmas - I have had murders with PC.
Sometimes wont find boot media, sometimes no power. sometimes it just works no issues....

Recently returned m/board/chip/RAM/WD Greed m,2 drive for checking - no issues found.
Put PC back together - fine for 1 hour.

Now wont start at all, but I have seen this issue before and is already a replacement EVGA 600W PSU.
However, already on a second boot drive and finding having to throw more money at replacement parts to resolve.

Should I buy a new PSU or swap the case out? What does it sound like the problem might be?
Have bought a PSU tester and previous issues did not appear to find anything? Have no PSU spares anymore to test as gave to friend as thought issues resolved.

Soldato
£80 for that would be extremely good price.
It has very good performance, high quality capacitors and 10 year warranty.
Though if GTX760 is what level graphics card you're using 550W model would be more than enough.
Actually even 450W would be enough for normal CPU and mainstream graphics card.

And those so called "PSU testers" are about worthless.
For actually meaningfull measurements you need oscilloscope, costing price of many good PSUs.

Associate
OP
Its ordered.
I appreciate your comments about the 760 GTX but it wont always have this card and is second machine and main has a 1060GTX which will come this way before long.
The machine is not too crammed but there are 5 fans, 1 SSD, 1 HDD and an optical.
I have scrimped on PSUs before and don't want to make same mistake and the problems with this machine have been driving me nuts on and off since Xmas day last year....

Associate
OP
So having had issues on and off for months I fitted the Seasonic last Thursday and the PC has worked 100% reliably ever since. Had none of the issues I had before.
Essentially I had 2 PCs builds with many issues all down to 2 EVGA PSUs. The first one was replaced under warranty and the second has caused no end of problems since Xmas, which I wouldn't have thought possible from a replacement.
The only thing I am not sure is whether to bother EVGA with this, why would I want a replacement?
I wont be recommending EVGA to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom