PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
1080Ti rest of rig in sig and running pubg at 1440p its a lot better since they removed the 144 cap but no way could I say it never dips to 100 as it does especially when jumping out of the plane and hot dropping. But thats watching fps like a hawk. The odd drop to 100 is not gonna effect your overall gameplay. I do notice that squad play is less smooth vs solo - I dont know if this is due to always having 3 players nearby or running discord as well.

Soldato
I've re-installed tonight and have to say after months not playing, the performance has dramatically improved and the visuals seem better as well, in fact pretty much everything seems better. It still somehow doesn't feel 100% movement wise but this is the case for other games as well. It's certainly more fluid and polished anyway. Maxed out bar shadows on high and post processing on high I'm getting 70-120fps hovering around 90-100 most of the time which is pretty decent. I'm sure 6+ months ago it looked worse and the same settings were getting me 50-90fps. With a cpu upgrade I'm pretty sure I'd be seeing 90fps+ at all times.

(1440p)

Associate
lol. Dont listen to them mate. The game runs much better than it has in the past but still got a way to go to be smooth and running well (FPS wise)

Just re-installing now!

What sort of setting should I be aiming at with a Ryzen 5 1600 + 1060 3gb at 1080p? I’m guessing low?

Associate
These are my settings:

Screen Scale: 100
Anti-Aliasing: Ultra
Post-Processing: Very Low
Shadows: Very Low
Textures: High
Effects: Very Low
Foliage: Very Low
View Distance: Ultra
vsync: Off
Motion Blur: Off
Sharpen: Off

For me, its more about smoothness so I can enjoy the gameplay/gunplay as much as possible.

Edit: With your Ryzen and 1060 card, it should run pretty smooth on the above settings!

Associate
These are my settings:

Screen Scale: 100
Anti-Aliasing: Ultra
Post-Processing: Very Low
Shadows: Very Low
Textures: High
Effects: Very Low
Foliage: Very Low
View Distance: Ultra
vsync: Off
Motion Blur: Off
Sharpen: Off

For me, its more about smoothness so I can enjoy the gameplay/gunplay as much as possible.

Edit: With your Ryzen and 1060 card, it should run pretty smooth on the above settings!

Cheers

Soldato
I dunno, adding map selection back in would make sense.

When I'm playing myself and everyone I tend to play with will quit out to lobby if the HOS Miramar comes up, dont think any of us want to play it.

Back
Top Bottom