** PHANTEKS EVOLV X - CAN'T STOP EVOLUTION **

Associate
Hi, received the black version yesterday. It was between this and the gun metal, but black does go with my current setup and it was the only version in stock when I ordered.

I have to say I am very happy with this case. It conceals all the cables, was very easy to build in, the glass on both sides is well done and the overall functionality of the case has been the best I have come across.

I'm looking to build a custom water loop (just AIO atm) once we get to mainstream 7nm on CPU and GPU (hopefully PCI 4 by then too). The case looks fantastic - excellent delivery service as always, many thanks.

FYI I mounted the 280 rad (Corsair AIO) in the front with push pull configuration to bring in cool air and added two 140 fans at the top which together with the rear 140 exhaust air. The temps are very low. I have ambient of 23 degrees in the house and the i7 5930k ideals at between 27 and 37 degrees on the cores (package hovers 38-40 degrees, N.B overclocked to 4.3, voltage on auto). Under load max on one core reaches 48 degrees BF4 and for PUBG 47 Degrees.

Max temp on 1080TI was 72 degrees for both BF4 and PUBG on Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti "Xtreme Edition" (this is air cooled). At idle it's 38 degrees.

The above has a total of 7 140 fans, but the case it virtually silent. I originally tested it with 5 fans and temps were only marginally higher on the CPU. Hopes this helps anyone considering this case.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hi, received the black version yesterday. It was between this and the gun metal, but black does go with my current setup and it was the only version in stock when I ordered.

I have to say I am very happy with this case. It conceals all the cables, was very easy to build in, the glass on both sides is well done and the overall functionality of the case has been the best I have come across.

I'm looking to build a custom water loop (just AIO atm) once we get to mainstream 7nm on CPU and GPU (hopefully PCI 4 by then too). The case looks fantastic - excellent delivery service as always, many thanks.

FYI I mounted the 280 rad (Corsair AIO) in the front with push pull configuration to bring in cool air and added two 140 fans at the top which together with the rear 140 exhaust air. The temps are very low. I have ambient of 23 degrees in the house and the i7 5930k ideals at between 27 and 37 degrees on the cores (package hovers 38-40 degrees, N.B overclocked to 4.3, voltage on auto). Under load max on one core reaches 48 degrees BF4 and for PUBG 47 Degrees.

Max temp on 1080TI was 72 degrees for both BF4 and PUBG on Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti "Xtreme Edition" (this is air cooled). At idle it's 38 degrees.

The above has a total of 7 140 fans, but the case it virtually silent. I originally tested it with 5 fans and temps were only marginally higher on the CPU. Hopes this helps anyone considering this case.

Are you using the fan hub? If so how is yours set up?

I’m using AIO + 4 case fans but they never spin up and my AIO maxes at like 500RPM =\

av81Nir.png

Last edited:
Associate
The 3 fans that came with the case are on the fan hub plus 2 additional 140 fans. I cannot remember if the 2 additional I connected to the fan hub are the fans on the radiator or at the top, but 2 are using the motherboard headers. Total of five on the hub and two on motherboard, not going to mess with it as it's working fine.

I placed two SSDs on the bottom flip panel and two standard HDs at the bottom using the supplied bays (they clip together and clip behind the PSU). I don't know how top post pics yet, but looking at your fan curve, mine has 813 RPM min and Max 1559 with a controllable range of 20% to 100%. I just let Asus do its fan calibration a long time ago and left it on Standard (remember silent would actually stop at least one of the fans completely and I did not want that).

Apologies for the long winded reply I just don't know how to post images yet.

Soldato

Very useful thanks. Definitely tempted by this one :)

Soldato
Case is very easy to work in, actually found myself looking for cables I'd missed as it was all routed in so easily. Got a couple of additional fans for the top and didn't even need to open the doors, just popped the top off, removed the rack, put the fans on, cabled them and popped the top back on. Took all of 5 mins with no messing about.

Great case, not sure I can really see me replacing this anytime soon unless it's to get a newer improved version in a couple of years, it's a dream to build in.

I moved the 3 included fans to the front of the case.

Associate
Pretty much set on this case now in Gun Metal/Silver, just need some info on when we can expect stock replenishment. Nudge, nudge.

Back
Top Bottom