** ASUS DO IT AGAIN: IPS, 144Hz & FREESYNC!!! Asus MG279Q thread **

Soldato
That's odd, are you sure it's set to 144hz in the monitor properties in windows? Go to Display Settings -> Advanced display settings -> Display adapter properties -> Monitor -> Screen refresh rate

It's okay, I was being stupid. I was using overwatch to test and had the res set in game to 2,560 x 1,440 (90). I missed this because the frame rate was going above 90 regularly. Doh. Set it correctly and it's all working fine now. :)

Soldato
It's okay, I was being stupid. I was using overwatch to test and had the res set in game to 2,560 x 1,440 (90). I missed this because the frame rate was going above 90 regularly. Doh. Set it correctly and it's all working fine now. :)

:D:D Always the simple things!! Glad you got it sorted.

Associate
I've got two thunderflies trapped in mine :(. Such a shame as it was 4th monitor that was great for various quality issues with others. I've tried the sucker on screen and tapping back and no go. I did see a 3rd thunderfly's scoot down whilst tapping monitor. Mind boggling that the screens internally are not fully sealed.

Soldato
I've got two thunderflies trapped in mine :(. Such a shame as it was 4th monitor that was great for various quality issues with others. I've tried the sucker on screen and tapping back and no go. I did see a 3rd thunderfly's scoot down whilst tapping monitor. Mind boggling that the screens internally are not fully sealed.
Not surprising considering the terrible backlight bleed most models have.

Associate
Well the one in the top left corner finally today came free, whilst tapping the back of screen and has scooted down out of view :) . Again wasn't using a sucker on screen. Only got one more left :o , located far right, middle of vertical.

Soldato
After my initial issues (which were completely my fault, not the monitors) it hasn't missed a beat. I love it.

Is there back light bleed? No idea, I haven't turned the brightness up to full, left it on a black screen and turned all the lights off to check. I haven't noticed anything under normal operation, everything looks beautiful.

Soldato
Guys, I'm having a really strange problem.

I have to connect my rig up to a random, monitor for testing. Now, back on my mg279 it's capped at 60fps when playing games in full screen mode. Borderless windowed, it runs up to 144hz. I have no idea why. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom