PlayStation Classic

Soldato
45% smaller than the original PS1. Preloaded with 20 games.

Launching Dec 3rd.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/18/introducing-playstation-classic-with-20-pre-loaded-games/

Not available in the UK :o
Yer it is :confused: Got an email off them this morning £89.99

Introducing PlayStation®Classic

It all began in Japan in 1994. The first PlayStation® changed everything.

And now today we are announcing the new PlayStation®Classic – a miniature recreation mirroring the look of that original console with two wired controllers and 20 preloaded games.

Just plug into your TV and play some of the best games from that iconic PlayStation® era, including Final Fantasy® VII, Tekken™ 3, R4: RIDGE RACER TYPE 4, Jumping Flash! and Wild Arms™.

Coming 3 December 2018 for £89.99 RRP.

Soldato
£90, This will be like the NES Classic Mini launch all over again! Will be cool if it's easily hackable like the SNES/NES Classics but then again the non analogue pads kind of limit the console.

Associate
Before the reality I quite liked the idea of a Playstation Classic console, but in reality the Playstation is so easy to play perfectly on other setups that the temptation has evaporated now it's actually happening (also those pads look terrible). Playing games perfectly on my PSP is the ideal format for Playstation games and they look great on the smaller screen (or Vita of course...I don't own one so no comment on that).

Associate
My predictions for the included 20 games..
Final Fantasy 7 - Confirmed
Tekken 3 - confirmed
Ridge Racer Type 4 - confirmed
Jumping Flash - confirmed
Wild Arms - confirmed

Crash Bandicoot 1-3
Spyro The Dragon
Grand Turismo 1-2
Panadmodium
Bishi Bashi
Resident evil 1-3
Metal Gear Solid
Tomb Raider
Medievil
Another Capcom Fighting game

Soldato
I doubt we will get resident evil etc and the games we actually want due to age ratings, licensing issues and so on.

Seems expensive to me but I guess sits reflective of the licensing costs of the games? :(

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom