• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Cancelled my MAX order. :cool:

Feel quite relieved after reading about this screen issue, that would drive me nuts just having a blown up UI. Pointless.

My 7+ (and iPad Pro) feels so darn good on ios12 it’s like having a new phone again for FREE! :D

How have you managed to get it on your iPad Pro? I have a 10.5 and it wont detect iOS 12 for love nor money.

I'm back to thinking I'll keep the XS Max reservation. I'm sure once I see it in my hands I'll love it.

Soldato
How have you managed to get it on your iPad Pro? I have a 10.5 and it wont detect iOS 12 for love nor money.

I'm back to thinking I'll keep the XS Max reservation. I'm sure once I see it in my hands I'll love it.

Yes been running the beta since it was available, obviously running the final version now. IOS12 is even more impressive on the ipad.

Can’t understand why you can’t install it though?

Associate
I was looking into getting a wireless charger, seeing as I’m moving from a 7 so I’ve never had one. I could see lots of fast chargers but then in the details it says it doesn’t apply to IPhone.

Please correct me if I’m wrong as I’ve been glancing about while working....it seems that iPhones will only utilise fastcharging if they’re Apple-approved chargers and even then you need to have the correct plug. In 2018 on a £1000 or more phone we’re still getting essentially the same plug that we were getting 10 years ago which doesn’t handle fast charging. In fact the charging speeds shown in the Apple speech are not attainable without purchasing a new charger plug, handily though you can buy one for £50 through Apple.

Associate
I was looking into getting a wireless charger, seeing as I’m moving from a 7 so I’ve never had one. I could see lots of fast chargers but then in the details it says it doesn’t apply to IPhone.

Please correct me if I’m wrong as I’ve been glancing about while working....it seems that iPhones will only utilise fastcharging if they’re Apple-approved chargers and even then you need to have the correct plug. In 2018 on a £1000 or more phone we’re still getting essentially the same plug that we were getting 10 years ago which doesn’t handle fast charging. In fact the charging speeds shown in the Apple speech are not attainable without purchasing a new charger plug, handily though you can buy one for £50 through Apple.
Honestly save your self and money and get a 12W charger, If you have an iPad use the charging brick. I use it for my 7 and generally it's fast enough, and if I recall last year there wasn't a massive speed difference when charging when tested on the X between it and the official fast chargers.

But yes it's very poor and cheap from Apple to not include one. Not helping me justify its price tag, if we're omitting basics that even low end androids include.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think I'm going to stick with my Pixel 2 for now. I was positioning myself for a move back to Apple ecosystem after a year on the dark side. However for my usage there is no tangible benefit to moving based on my usage. I imagine this is the same for most people - music, browsing, videos, messages, social media, phone calls, maps, photos/camera, calendar and banking/Google Pay are my main uses. Moving to iOS wouldn't improve any of these areas expect messages.

I have also come to like and appreciate the Google services - which keep improving. There would be no point going to iOS to just use all the Google services.

Soldato
My leather case for my XS got delivered today, feels like a much more comfortable size in my hand compared to my 6+. Can't wait now!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just received a second hand X from the MM on here and I have to say, the form factor of the X is lovely. The whole phone is brilliant IMO. FaceID and the whole phone screen makes everything fluid and smooth. I have gone to use touchID a couple of times but already faceID feels like a massive upgrade. I think anyone coming from a phone other than the X will be very pleased with their phone.

Soldato
I think I'm going to stick with my Pixel 2 for now. I was positioning myself for a move back to Apple ecosystem after a year on the dark side. However for my usage there is no tangible benefit to moving based on my usage. I imagine this is the same for most people - music, browsing, videos, messages, social media, phone calls, maps, photos/camera, calendar and banking/Google Pay are my main uses. Moving to iOS wouldn't improve any of these areas expect messages.

I have also come to like and appreciate the Google services - which keep improving. There would be no point going to iOS to just use all the Google services.

I was similar but dislike googles awful privacy issues - I prefer apple due to their much more customer friendly data privacy policies.

Soldato
Got my Leather XS Max case in the post yesterday, comparing it to my 6S Plus in an Apple leather case it does feel slightly more bulky, not as slim and a hair taller.

Still looking forward to the upgrade, 6S Plus to XS Max should be a good jump! That and going from the Series 0 original watch to a Series 4!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I was similar but dislike googles awful privacy issues - I prefer apple due to their much more customer friendly data privacy policies.

It did bother me at first, but in reality it makes no difference. They are collecting data to target ads, this isn't a big deal considering the services they provide. I can also turn off stuff I don't like.

It's very hard to avoid Google these days. Embrace the Google mothership.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think its Xiaomi that are putting ads into the settings menu of their android phones now. This is the sort of stuff I really despise. Honestly, up to a point I am happy with the deal I have struck with google. They get pointless data from me and I get to use a suite of amazing services and apps.

Soldato

Pretty much my usage as well apart from the social media.

I think its Xiaomi that are putting ads into the settings menu of their android phones now. This is the sort of stuff I really despise. Honestly, up to a point I am happy with the deal I have struck with google. They get pointless data from me and I get to use a suite of amazing services and apps.

That is pretty bad. I've never liked the adverts in Gmail either and got round them by using the Inbox client which is unfortunately now EOL.

Soldato
It did bother me at first, but in reality it makes no difference. They are collecting data to target ads, this isn't a big deal considering the services they provide. I can also turn off stuff I don't like.

It's very hard to avoid Google these days. Embrace the Google mothership.

About the only ones who can challenge google is apple, think different ;) :D

Soldato
Yes been running the beta since it was available, obviously running the final version now. IOS12 is even more impressive on the ipad.

Can’t understand why you can’t install it though?

That's weird as I had the beta profile on my 10.5 for a while but when I went to look last night I couldn't even find the bit to find which profile I had on (as I thought maybe the iOS 11 beta profile was stopping it seeing iOS12) but I'll give it another go tonight.

Associate
Not sure why you'd be scared to internet banking on Android, when I was on Android I had no issues.

With that it's very unlikely I'll be returning to Android anytime soon. Had 7 for 2 years, there a number of annoyances but nothing to push me back to Android. No android handsets have interested me anyway. Was keeping an eye on Pixel 3 but looks like I'll be skipping.

Back
Top Bottom