lexmoto opinions

Soldato
Considering getting my first motorbike, I'll need to take my cbt again. It's for work 5 X a week.

What are experienced with Chinese bikes like lexmoto? One biker said they're good another horrid things.

£1500 isn't a lot of money it's good for to be left outside in a alley, with a cover.

A scooter may fit inside the house landong but doubt a bigger big will. I don't have a garage.

Caporegime
They've improved a hell of a lot in a very short space of time, so those who say they are crap might be basing their opinion on an experience they had 5 years ago and those who say theyre good could have a more recent model.

They're not bad, very basic and the materials aren't quite to Jap standard yet but with decent TLC they'll last you for ages.

Soldato
I've heard people being happy with chinese bikes, but I still wouldn't risk it. The Jap bikes will hold their value and you could probably sell it to a similar price to what you bought it for. Chinese bikes on the other hand do not retain their value anything like Jap bikes

Soldato
OP
Anyone with real life experience? Lady at supermarket happy with wk scooter. Someone at work put them down even though never owned one rides a Yamaha.

Open minded but seemed bit brans snobbery to me.

Caporegime
Anyone with real life experience? Lady at supermarket happy with wk scooter. Someone at work put them down even though never owned one rides a Yamaha.

Open minded but seemed bit brans snobbery to me.

Of course it's brand snobbery. Chinese bikes have beem crap for years and most still are, however if you use your melon you can find wheat amongst the chaff. This is literally Jap Bikes 2.0, they went through exactly the same procedure. It's the same with Korean cars. Remember 90s Hyundai? I do. They were absolutely awful. Now they're the 3rd largest manufacturer in the world and come with a 5 year warranty.

Soldato
Of course it's brand snobbery. Chinese bikes have beem crap for years and most still are, however if you use your melon you can find wheat amongst the chaff. This is literally Jap Bikes 2.0, they went through exactly the same procedure. It's the same with Korean cars. Remember 90s Hyundai? I do. They were absolutely awful. Now they're the 3rd largest manufacturer in the world and come with a 5 year warranty.

It is absolutely not brand snobbery but an assessment of their engineering, manufacturing and quality control competence. Show me a Chinese motorbike backed up with a 5 year warranty and evidence that they're good for it, and I'll have a rethink about their capability. That's got **** all to do with brand - it is reputation.

Soldato
OP
It is absolutely not brand snobbery but an assessment of their engineering, manufacturing and quality control competence. Show me a Chinese motorbike backed up with a 5 year warranty and evidence that they're good for it, and I'll have a rethink about their capability. That's got **** all to do with brand - it is reputation.

Have you owned a Chinese bike
What happened makers have two or five year warranty.

What do Yamaha, honda, Suzuki, and Kawasaki warranty length

Soldato
Yes.

I think you’re missing the point being made about a warranty. If a company is offering a long warranty then it is because it has confidence in the quality of their manufacturing and product, i.e. they are confident that it will not frequently be called upon.

For car manufacturers offering a market leasing warranty has been an excellent way for new manufacturers to break into a market. Hyundai was one example given, another might be Kia.

Transmission breaker
Don
If I was spending £1500 on a commuter, based on my experience, I would go for a Honda.

If you were like me, and just doing it for a learning/experence, a fully working chinese bike for £500 to plod about on when I felt like it would be fine.

However, my next bike, having shifted my KSR Code will be a (likely broken) Honda/Yamaha 125 to spend time fixing over the winter and then riding about.

Associate
Back in '09 I bought a '06 Honda CBR 125 Repsol for £1,700, ran it for 2 years, put 5k miles on it and sold it for £1,600. Never let me down, never wanted for anything. As the others have said, forget spending £1,500 on a new Chinese bike, and go for a used but good condition Jap 125 for peace of mind. The parts for Honda are pennies, and readily available too.

To avoid the argument about quality regarding Chinese vs Japanese, you're better off getting a good used Jap 125 when it comes to resale alone. You're unlikely to lose much / anything on a good Jap 125, where as that Chinese bike you buy for £1,500 if you come to sell it 3 - 5 years later, you're probably going to get <£1,000 for it.

Would you buy a beautiful MV Agusta / Aprillia for commuting? Or would you buy a Jap bike? For peace of mind always Jap for me. Weekend fun is another story.

Soldato
You're unlikely to lose much / anything on a good Jap 125, where as that Chinese bike you buy for £1,500 if you come to sell it 3 - 5 years later, you're probably going to get <£1,000 for it.

A lot less than £1000. A five year old Chinese 125 will be worth maybe £400-500 if it's in reasonable condition. If it lives outside it'll probably be fit for scrap at that age.

Transmission breaker
Don
I currently have eyes on an MT125 after my Chinese experiences.
Should be getting it for about £500, only it got squished at the front with bent forks :D
I am hoping my lessons on fixing up the Chinese bike will set me up well to fix this one.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't buy a second hand 125 don't know how its been ragged.

How much would big brand new 125 like these?

Lexmoto lxr
Lexmoto zfx-f

Because I can't afford a new Japanese 125

Back
Top Bottom