• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Associate
My Ti order has been delayed too. Ordered straight after the conference, original 20th ship date. Received an email from nvidia last night it is delayed and they will be back shortly with another shipping estimate.

Soldato
hang on so ppl who received their 2080s cannot use the card yet coz theres no drivers? or is it they cannot use the RTX function?

also we should see the benchmarks soon right?
Ah, yeah sorry I meant more the fact that there aren't any games about that can use it yet.

Kind of defeats the early adopter premium premise for me if you can't use the main selling point.

As for benchmarks, they're about but you won't see any with gaming RTX on figures as the games don't exist yet.

No sooner than sometime next month (they're waiting on next month's Win Update supposedly). Probably just Tomb Raider. Might see a few other games with DLSS, but unknown.
Cheers, yeah I was just unsure if i'd missed something but pickings do seem a bit thin on the ground when they do come.

It could be a game changer, these could be fantastic cards. I won't be buying until I see the full facts and figures though.

Associate
My Ti order has been delayed too. Ordered straight after the conference, original 20th ship date. Received an email from nvidia last night it is delayed and they will be back shortly with another shipping estimate.
Same exact story here.
Read about a week ago in the news Ti were delayed and will not ship on 20th Sep. If that was known in advance, why did nvidia wait to tell us?

Associate
Any news on Ti shipping from OCUK? Customer service told me ''An ETA of the 20th for first batches of all GPU's at the moment although quantities are likely to be low in first batches.''

Gibbo can you update please? Is this still the case? Have OCUK received any AIB 2080ti's yet?

Don
Any news on Ti shipping from OCUK? Customer service told me ''An ETA of the 20th for first batches of all GPU's at the moment although quantities are likely to be low in first batches.''

Gibbo can you update please? Is this still the case? Have OCUK received any AIB 2080ti's yet?

Maybe worth posting in the customer service section as you may get a quicker response as Gibbo maybe busy.

Don

Maybe worth posting in the customer service section as you may get a quicker response as Gibbo maybe busy.

Worth tagging in him though in case he isn't keeping up with this thread @Gibbo

Soldato
Anyone going from a 1080 to a 2080, would like to know if it's worth it or not. I game on a res of 3440x1440 and I think the 2080ti is a bit too expensive for me.

Associate

Worth tagging in him though in case he isn't keeping up with this thread @Gibbo

Thanks guys. Just spoke to CS on live chat and no stock or shipping on any Ti's other than the Zotacs :( be nice to get an ETA on the other models for those who pre-ordered? @Gibbo

EDIT: Update from CS Ti's have an ETA of next week but this cannot be confirmed. Delay is due to Nvidia. Guess we'll have to sit tight for a week.

Last edited:
Associate
From what I've read its not really worth the upgrade. Its a small gain for a big price.
It's like 1080 to Ti.

If you didn't jump back then, why would you do it right now?

In my case I have saved up money so I might as well do - for others it's the upgrade hitch or curiosity about the new tech.

Back
Top Bottom