Destiny 2

Associate
Quick question guys, I played destiny 2 base game on pc. I'm going to pick up the complete set on PS4 but dont want to do the campaign again. Can I use that special item to hit end game level and skip the original campaign? If so can I then start with the first dlc and work my way through or will I only be able to play the dlc content if I finish the main story of the base game first? Hope that makes sense

Matt

Yes you can. There is an option to apply a level boost at the character selection screen when you log in. This will get you to Level 30 and a light level of 330, ready to begin Year 2. The one caveat is that you will miss the main story missions from Year 1, but side quests and adventures will still be available.

Soldato
What Power Level and expansions do you have? Im PL 516 and get killed easy by 300 Levels, so I'm guessing PL might not apply in crucible.
haha I only started playing Destiny 2 in the free PS+ option a few weeks ago so I am only at power level 99 and i'm only at level 13. Like I said I don't really know anything about the levels etc. I just go round shooting the fallen and doing some missions.

Soldato
Oh right, yeah missions are your best bet for now, and try Public Events if you can. Anything with "Powerful Gear" is what you want, that means you get gear higher than what you have.

Associate
What Power Level and expansions do you have? Im PL 516 and get killed easy by 300 Levels, so I'm guessing PL might not apply in crucible.

Crucible is always PL levelled in regards to your armour but you can effect this with the 3 stats you have rolled on your armour pieces. You can run with Mobility (for extra speed), Resilience (slightly longer TTK on full shield) and Recovery (slightly faster shield regen) however, it is generally best to run mobility.
Mobility is arguably the most important stat in PvP and you'll certainly notice it if you aren't running a high stat as people will just peel away from you out of melee range/to cover etc as well as your ability to dodge side to side - you'll notice its delayed versus someone with high mobility stats.

The only thing that determines your damage output is the stats weapons you choose and how well you can aim. Teamshotting is always a nuisance too due to the TTK. You can't afford to run around willy nilly like you can in Cod multi as this doesn't play the same.

Shawrey

Soldato
Crucible is always PL levelled in regards to your armour but you can effect this with the 3 stats you have rolled on your armour pieces. You can run with Mobility (for extra speed), Resilience (slightly longer TTK on full shield) and Recovery (slightly faster shield regen) however, it is generally best to run mobility.
Mobility is arguably the most important stat in PvP and you'll certainly notice it if you aren't running a high stat as people will just peel away from you out of melee range/to cover etc as well as your ability to dodge side to side - you'll notice its delayed versus someone with high mobility stats.

The only thing that determines your damage output is the stats weapons you choose and how well you can aim. Teamshotting is always a nuisance too due to the TTK. You can't afford to run around willy nilly like you can in Cod multi as this doesn't play the same.

Shawrey

I think this is where I go wrong then and why I need some online 'friends' as I just go wandering around on my own and get killed constantly. Was the same in BF1. I never did embrace the online era, which is probably why everything feels alien to me all the time.

Associate
I think this is where I go wrong then and why I need some online 'friends' as I just go wandering around on my own and get killed constantly. Was the same in BF1. I never did embrace the online era, which is probably why everything feels alien to me all the time.

Just hang with the randoms and follow them online. Most realise you are running with them to Teamshoot and will play accordingly - AR's seem to be the meta again at the moment so try and get a 600rpm AR and you'll do fine.

If you are struggling for a Fireteam and prefer communicating with people - stick a post up on the Destiny App or LFG and you'll get a team together in no time.

Shawrey

Associate
Just got hold of this on Xbox one its the version with all the DLC and year pass etc … I have to say I don't have a clue what to do :confused:

Tonnes of guides on YouTube - Houndish, WillisGaming, Kacksis HD, DPJ, Datto but to name a few are a good place to start.

Most of all - enjoy it and don't worry about the 'grindy' aspects try and get a mate or two on in a Fireteam and you'll laugh your way through the game.
There's literally tonnes of content in it now to keep you active and not keep grinding the same thing over and over for the RNG rewards.

Shawrey

Associate
Nice one matey .. was thinking about picking up the Prima game guide, worth a punt??

I don’t have many friends on Xbox (about 5) and none of them have destiny 2 so its a case of plowing through the SP and doing the events that pop up , but then feel like a total noob :p

Associate
Traded some games in so I caved and have forsaken now haha, I'm still to finish warmind, do I need to finish that in order to start forsaken?

I think you only need to be level 30 before starting the Forsaken campaign.

Ah cool, did you get a level up item? I only have a level 30 "warlock but abit bored of the class so fancy doing a titan

Answer is to all this, is yes you get a token of light to push 1 character up to the required level to plough straight into Forsaken even from scratch. Be wary that if you use the token you do not get the achievement for unlocking that classes 3 original subclasses.

Shawrey

Soldato
Answer is to all this, is yes you get a token of light to push 1 character up to the required level to plough straight into Forsaken even from scratch. Be wary that if you use the token you do not get the achievement for unlocking that classes 3 original subclasses.

Shawrey
Oh that's abit **** :/ I don't fancy doing the entire campaign again just for the sub classes trophy bah

Back
Top Bottom