When does Adobe normally update Creative Cloud?

Soldato
As the title. I'm a new Creative Cloud user and was wondering if Adobe has a schedule for releasing updates to the Creative Cloud applications?

Half the reason I'm thinking of subscribing (currently on a trial version) is that you get new features fairly regularly.

Caporegime
Actual feature updates are few and far between. There seems to be a minor update about monthly but all that normally contains is bug fixes/performance updates and camera support updates.

Soldato
OP
Actual feature updates are few and far between. There seems to be a minor update about monthly, but all that normally contains is bug fixes/performance updates and camera support updates.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just start learning now and see what happens when it comes to updates and new features.

Caporegime
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just start learning now and see what happens when it comes to updates and new features.

Sounds sensible, I’m still unsure whether the subscription is worth it to me. I used to use LR5 before going to CC. There’s very little difference in features but I was forced to upgrade as Adobe don’t add new camera support to older versions. Performance has got better with CC though compared to LR5. I don’t use Photoshop much but I don’t think the updates to that are revolutionary (although it did get some clever cropping/AI fill tools.

There is a lot of other choice out there that doesn’t tie you into the subscription model. Once my subscription runs out I’d ideally like to move to a non-subscription alternative.

Soldato
OP
Sounds sensible, I’m still unsure whether the subscription is worth it to me. I used to use LR5 before going to CC. There’s very little difference in features but I was forced to upgrade as Adobe don’t add new camera support to older versions. Performance has got better with CC though compared to LR5. I don’t use Photoshop much but I don’t think the updates to that are revolutionary (although it did get some clever cropping/AI fill tools.

There is a lot of other choice out there that doesn’t tie you into the subscription model. Once my subscription runs out I’d ideally like to move to a non-subscription alternative.

I wouldn't normally consider Adobe CC but I have a need for Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop and Illustrator so getting use of 5 applications for the subscription seems like a decent deal and it'll also be a useful skill to know in the future.

Back
Top Bottom