• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Price hike

Associate
I ordered a 8700k last week from OCUK, had to return it due to it being damaged in transit. Ummed and arrred about ordering another, hoping prices might settle.

In the end, the upgrade bug bit and I bought another CPU, but as there was only a £20 difference between the 8700k and the 8086k, I ordered the latter. Just before prices went up again, so a bit of good luck in my timing.

I agonised over 8700k vs 2700x and simply went for Intel in the end due to better gaming performance. If the Ryzen 3xxx series can improve clock speed, I can see Intel losing even more to AMD.

Associate
£265.99 for a 8400.:p
Did you say 8400 costs what?!!
giphy.gif

OcUK Staff
Prices will only go insane I fear on Intel now for rest of this year and potentially into Q1 next year.
AMD won't lower prices as now they are vastly cheaper, if any AMD will increase their prices to improve their margin as will resellers.

I am looking to do some deals, but they shall be bundle deals, thinking 8086k, Gigabyte Aorus Z370, 16GB Gigabyte 3200 RGB Kit, maybe cooler then with a FREE SSD and a discount as well. Looking into it with more detail and requesting support from Intel and Gigabyte to make it happen, watch this space. :)

Associate
I am looking to do some deals, but they shall be bundle deals, thinking 8086k, Gigabyte Aorus Z370, 16GB Gigabyte 3200 RGB Kit, maybe cooler then with a FREE SSD and a discount as well. Looking into it with more detail and requesting support from Intel and Gigabyte to make it happe
Cool, thanks for the deals Gibbo.

Please find some stocks of £600 1080ti cards now ;)

OcUK Staff
Quite ironic really, both Intel and Nvidia are going to be giving market share to AMD due to lack of supply over the next 6+ months.

Yep but the supply situation with Intel is so bad, even if Intel demand halfed over night, the supply would still not be enough, that is how bad it is.
We have had big name system builders onto us, I mean the big names requesting if they could buy stock from us trade, which are course we refused as our own system production takes priority, but that is how bad it is.

Soldato
Yep but the supply situation with Intel is so bad, even if Intel demand halfed over night, the supply would still not be enough, that is how bad it is.
We have had big name system builders onto us, I mean the big names requesting if they could buy stock from us trade, which are course we refused as our own system production takes priority, but that is how bad it is.

Yep indeed, some of my projects have now been delayed but luckily I/we generally only deal with OEM tray suppliers from the far east and as such had forward orders placed for the most important ones. Strangely enough out Intel rep didn't mention any shortage when he was in at the end of August, I wonder why that was, ha. :D

Soldato
£430 for an 8700k...:eek: (At another well know online retailer there £440 :eek::eek::eek:)
I was expecting the prices to of dropped big time due to the 9000 series coming out soon not go up in price.:confused:

Am now feeling really glad that I bought my 8700k back in May went it was about £290 :):):)

Soldato
Thanks for that reassurance Gibbo. I've agonised over this for weeks, first high end rig and don't want to spend extra money I could put towards a GPU.
I thought it was a mad price and was a mistake or it would never appear back in stock so I pressed order to see what happened. The fact that it's being shipped this week is utterly amazing.

Apologies to all for mentioning Amazon and prices. If OC's had it near that price I would have bought here but as it's so insane I had to vote with my wallet.
Now though, I need you to sell me a suitable MBoard, Ram and CPU air cooler for a modest overclock to 4.8Ghz ;)

Are you sure its being shipped? I'm tempted to put an order in.. !

Soldato
£430 for an 8700k...:eek: (At another well know online retailer there £440 :eek::eek::eek:)
I was expecting the prices to of dropped big time due to the 9000 series coming out soon not go up in price.:confused:

Am now feeling really glad that I bought my 8700k back in May went it was about £290 :):):)

Thats good, my 8600K will catch good price at second hand market. Especially since it is delided and can do 5.2Ghz with 5Ghz Ring.

Soldato
Prices will only go insane I fear on Intel now for rest of this year and potentially into Q1 next year.
AMD won't lower prices as now they are vastly cheaper, if any AMD will increase their prices to improve their margin as will resellers.

I am looking to do some deals, but they shall be bundle deals, thinking 8086k, Gigabyte Aorus Z370, 16GB Gigabyte 3200 RGB Kit, maybe cooler then with a FREE SSD and a discount as well. Looking into it with more detail and requesting support from Intel and Gigabyte to make it happen, watch this space. :)

How much will that be going for approximately?

Back
Top Bottom