are all EVGA psu wired the same for custom cables?

Associate
ok so I have a evga 550 gs sat here with custom cables for it (not extensions) and would love a bigger wattage (750-850) and was wondering if they are all wired the same on the pinouts so I can use my custom cables?

if so does anyone know which model variants are the same as the GS please?

thanks

Soldato
There's no quarantee that they use same cables.
Even those brands which are actual PSU makers building their PSUs can change cabling between different PSUs series.
And EVGA isn't maker but brand ordering its PSUs from different manufacturers.

You could try asking EVGA to see if they bother to answer in any concretic way, or trye to look for what PSU models custom cable makers list compatible for their cable sets.

Man of Honour
I don't believe it will be compatible with any of them because the GS series are built by Seasonic and are based on a modified G series platform. The G2 series are built by superflower and based on the Leadex Gold platform, the G3 series are also built by Superflower but based on the Leadex Gold II platform. The Platinum P2 units are based on Superflowers Leadex Platinum platform and the Titanium units are based on Superflowers Leadex Titanium units. The lesser PSU's are a mix of FSP, HEC and Andyson units. You can see who builds which series for them here.

The best thing you can do is look up your cable kit on it's manufacturers website and have a look at the compatibility list. I think you will be out of luck with it fitting any other EVGA psu's though. You may have a chance with other Seasonic units though. This is the problem with these expensive cable sets. Due to the huge number of different PSU platforms you can find that the kits can't just be transferred to another psu.

One possibility would be to get hold of a modding tool kit that allows you to seperate the cables from the connectors at the psu end and copy the pinouts exactly the same as the cables from your new psu. For a new psu I would be looking at the excellent Seasonic Focus Plus Gold series or Antec High Current Gamer series. Seasonic builds the HCG series for Antec and it's basically a Focus Plus Gold in a different case. Both are fully modular and both have a 10 year warranty. The EVGA units are not worth the extra cost now.

Associate
OP
ah ok thanks some usefull info guys thanks.

I made the wiring kits myself using hd white silicon wire and some shakmods plugs so I have the tooling,i was just looking at a lazy way out of doing it.

I was looking at the G3 units but hear a few horror storys of them popping.

cheers.

Back
Top Bottom