Senior police officer faces sack over 'whiter than white' remark

Man of Honour
No it's just I'm nott from london and never really realised egg and spoon was rhyming for that.

Haven't heard ra-**** in so long it wasn't exactly my first though I was mentally trying to find a rhyming path from egg and spoon to the nword

Actually, M’sieu Tefal, I’ve lived in London all my life, I was born on the East side, just outside the sound of Bow bells, but having spent most of my life in Bermondsey and Rotherhithe, my accent is definitely Cockney, although I can modulate it, and be understood anywhere.
However, egg and spoon, for a word beginning with c, and rhyming with boon, is not a slang term that I was ever familiar with.
Wracking, or racking, (you choose), my brain for a derogatory rhyming slang term for black people that was in common use, the only one that I could recall was luke, and this must have been a relatively new addition to the slang lexicon, for it’s an abbreviation for an energy drink that arrived on the scene in the twenties, ending in ozade.
It was intended to rhyme with another word for shovel.
Fortunately, these derogatory terms are gradually being eradicated, and even people of a certain age, who at one time would use the n word as easily as they’d use the word “and”, are hesitating, thinking, and swallowing the word rather than use it.

Caporegime
Actually, M’sieu Tefal, I’ve lived in London all my life, I was born on the East side, just outside the sound of Bow bells, but having spent most of my life in Bermondsey and Rotherhithe, my accent is definitely Cockney, although I can modulate it, and be understood anywhere.
However, egg and spoon, for a word beginning with c, and rhyming with boon, is not a slang term that I was ever familiar with.
Wracking, or racking, (you choose), my brain for a derogatory rhyming slang term for black people that was in common use, the only one that I could recall was luke, and this must have been a relatively new addition to the slang lexicon, for it’s an abbreviation for an energy drink that arrived on the scene in the twenties, ending in ozade.
Fortunately, these derogatory terms are gradually being eradicated, and even people of a certain age, who at one time would use the n word as easily as they’d use the word “and”, are hesitating, thinking, and swallowing the word rather than use it.

So you've gone from calling me, a guy from north wales, a liar for not knowing some racist cockney slang off the top of my head to saying that You a native of the area and familiar with it disnt know it either.

Make your mind up

Soldato

I grew up in Leytonstone and i never heard of that would. interestingly enough a lot of racist words are dying except for the N word which funny enough black people are the ones keeping that one alive.

Man of Honour
So you've gone from calling me, a guy from north wales, a liar for not knowing some racist cockney slang off the top of my head to saying that You a native of the area and familiar with it disnt know it either.

Make your mind up

I’m sorry that you see it that way Tefal, and yes, “négligent avec le verité” COULD be interpreted as lying, but in putting it in its French style, I meant, and hoped that anyone reading it, would see it in the way I intended it to be seen, as a humorous, “he knows what it is, but is kidding us that he doesn’t” kind of thing.
Although I confessed that I, a born and raised Londoner, was not familiar with the alleged rhyming slang term egg and spoon, which I believe may have been invented in more recent times, and wasn’t of the more familiar “apples and pears”, “dog and bone” genre, it doesn’t take a genius to work out which derogatory term for a black person rhymes with spoon.
That is all that I meant, “I can’t believe that Tefal can’t work out that spoon rhymes with ****.
To reiterate, I apologise if you thought that I was calling you a liar, that was not my intention.

Soldato
Hold on ... theres a lot of nuance here being missed in the typical blah blah SJW nonsense. In the works of Gaiman, a predominant concept is the concept of semantic culture. In a sense, Abian holds that we have to choose between posttextual Marxism and dialectic appropriation. The characteristic theme of the works of Gaiman is the bridge between sexual identity and class which intersects with the subject of racism and how it relates to the MET, which is an institutionally racist organisation which has calcified over the years of white maleness washing over it since the very inception. It is not so much society that is intrinsically responsible for racism, but rather the absurdity, and eventually the stasis, of society, which in the UK is of course traditionally white christian men. Constructivism implies that consciousness is used to entrench class and race divisions, and so these common tropes and 'slang terms' which have evolved over the years are a reflection of the inherit racism and unconscious bias of the powers that be at the MET. Quite literally, whiter than whiter is what they mean.
what is this gibberish? have you just found your thesaurus or something?

Soldato
Hold on ... theres a lot of nuance here being missed in the typical blah blah SJW nonsense. In the works of Gaiman, a predominant concept is the concept of semantic culture. In a sense, Abian holds that we have to choose between posttextual Marxism and dialectic appropriation. The characteristic theme of the works of Gaiman is the bridge between sexual identity and class which intersects with the subject of racism and how it relates to the MET, which is an institutionally racist organisation which has calcified over the years of white maleness washing over it since the very inception. It is not so much society that is intrinsically responsible for racism, but rather the absurdity, and eventually the stasis, of society, which in the UK is of course traditionally white christian men. Constructivism implies that consciousness is used to entrench class and race divisions, and so these common tropes and 'slang terms' which have evolved over the years are a reflection of the inherit racism and unconscious bias of the powers that be at the MET. Quite literally, whiter than whiter is what they mean.

you really do type a lot of pseudo-intellectual garbage.

Soldato
Where's the campaign for plain English when you need them? :)

They're off complaining about eggs and spoons it would seem...
Straw poll of absolutely everyone in my work over lunch one day, only one knew the term egg and spoon was meant to rhyme with. He was almost 50.
He also said he had never heard the word spoken, and followed with a discussion on GRRMartin using the word niggardly meaning scrooge-like. We figured martin does it to annoy those who don't know the meaning of the word.
We are a sheltered lot (of inbreds ;)) in Norn Iron.

Back
Top Bottom