Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
I cancelled almost a month ago, due for disconnect on Saturday and still haven't received a call back from outbound retentions, I thought they might be playing hard ball but they are really leaving it to the wire now!

Soldato
I cancelled almost a month ago, due for disconnect on Saturday and still haven't received a call back from outbound retentions, I thought they might be playing hard ball but they are really leaving it to the wire now!

I think you have to be fully commited to cancelling these days.

I cancelled and was going to go to Talk Talk when I had the call back.

Similar to the above post, Virgin offered me a better deal than before I cancelled.

I fully expect the same crud when my contract ends next May.

Soldato
I've read that you have to consent to marketing on your myvirgin profile otherwise they can't ring you (not sure how true that is).

I'll play the game and cancel, take it I can cancel the cancellation if needed without issue?

Associate
I updated my preferences prior to cancelling just in case, will login and check. You can apparently cancel your cancellation

Edit yes they are set to consent

Last edited:
Soldato
I've read that you have to consent to marketing on your myvirgin profile otherwise they can't ring you (not sure how true that is).

I'll play the game and cancel, take it I can cancel the cancellation if needed without issue?

Yeh, I did that a couple of years ago when it was getting close to VM engineers shutting me down and there was no better option.

Last year I made my mind up to cancel if they didn't call back.

RJC

RJC

Don
Got my rise increase letter this morning going up £3 per month starting 1st November.

I need to check if this still valid for me as I have just re-done my deal 2 weeks ago!

Man of Honour
Got my letter as well. I only agreed my current one a few months ago. So my 100mb will go up to £39. New customers pay £40 but with a phone line pay £32. Odd.

I’ve been waiting for my BT cab to be G.Fast enabled which should take the speed from ~60-70 to ~200-300mb which will be a decent option then.

What are people generally paying for 100mb now at VM? Low 30s?

Associate
Well I thought I would follow up.

Out of interest I went through the sign up last night at BT, put in my post code, correct house number and home telephone number, selected I wanted to keep my number but did not 'check out'.

Received a call from outbound retentions today, with two days to go before disconnect. Coincidence? I think maybe not..

Soldato
Managed to get a deal on the phone pretty easily but the new contract has just come through and they've removed services when they explicitly told me that I'd be on the exact same package. Even tried to tell me I'd be saving money on caller display when Ofcom have already told suppliers they can't charge for it :rolleyes:

Thought it went too easy.

RJC

RJC

Don
Got my letter as well. I only agreed my current one a few months ago. So my 100mb will go up to £39. New customers pay £40 but with a phone line pay £32. Odd.

I’ve been waiting for my BT cab to be G.Fast enabled which should take the speed from ~60-70 to ~200-300mb which will be a decent option then.

What are people generally paying for 100mb now at VM? Low 30s?

My current deal should work out at £26 per month for 100mb & standard phone package.

(not had my new bill yet, £50 credit on account then £4 off a month)

Soldato
Hi guys, just some help and recommendation please.

I'm looking to get my superb 3 into modem mode and buy a 3rd party router to aid in better wifi, gaming and multi user use.

with so many routers out there i've no idea which is going to be the better option.

budget would be around £150

Soldato
Shows what a lottery getting someone decent on the phone is, yesterday was put straight through to the thinking of leaving team and offered a deal no problem. Easy
Last night new contract email comes through, doesn't match with what I was told on the phone - bad
Today, on hold for 10 minutes and then put through to someone who can barely speak english, doesn't understand me and is in the wrong department :o - very bad.
Gave up, will try again next week.

Perhaps the wind has blown away the UK call centre.

Soldato
i phoned to see what it took to move to a new house while just out of contract.

They asked if i was happy with the service, i said yes but not happy about the price and got offered the VIP bundle for £89 straight away. Think we where paying £92 or £95 for a 12 months deal but it was going up to £125 as 12 months ends this time.

New customer deal is £79 but its cheaper than what we where paying for the last 12 months and i didn't expect an offer like that at all, didn't think they negotiated tbh.

Think its a £20 admin fee to complete the move.

They are also sending me a new router as i complained that the internet has been poor. Is there a new one out? i think mine is a superhub 3.

Man of Honour
I'm sure my VM wifi is degrading.. The signal in the lounge is pretty weak yet get a strong signal from next door who are on a BT connection. I've installed a wifi extender but it's not really helped.. I'm thinking of getting a Mesh solution but it's a big investment for something that may or may not work.

Soldato
I'm sure my VM wifi is degrading.. The signal in the lounge is pretty weak yet get a strong signal from next door who are on a BT connection. I've installed a wifi extender but it's not really helped.. I'm thinking of getting a Mesh solution but it's a big investment for something that may or may not work.

This is mainly for the 2.4ghz network but if you have the wifi channel set to auto your neighbours router could be swamping it. Loads of apps show wireless network activity in your house (I use Wi-Fi analyser on Android) so you can easily see if you're getting interference.

Think it's only channels 1, 6 and 11 that are any good, I always find 11 the strongest for some reason.

Forgive me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.

Soldato
Well my contract ends on the 27th and my price has gone to £58 from £44 for VIVID350.

Put my notice in to leave and the guy on the phone said that he was retention and I'd be getting no phone call with a better deal :/

Best he could do was £45.84

Last edited:
Associate
I had lots of issues in my house with the WiFi on the virgin hubs until I purchased a mesh setup.
I tried WiFi extenders and powerlines, but they were rubbish.
Now with the mesh routers I have no more disconnects and better signal strength and speeds upstairs

Associate
Well my contract ends on the 27th and my price has gone to £58 from £44 for VIVID350.

Put my notice in to leave and the guy on the phone said that he was retention and I'd be getting no phone call with a better deal :/

Best he could do was £45.84

They said that to me, then the loyalty team phoned me the next day :)

Back
Top Bottom