The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
I concur wrt to use of OXO , usually use HP, or, do you mean the choice cuts of meat ?
(Not sure the Brazilians have that much poorer standard versus the lososing/lost credibilty rad tractor scheme.)

OXO is going to detract from fried onions and nice flavour of corned beef.
It is a 2nd comfort food after Macn' ? albeit the USA did not catch on ?

Soldato
O40wDb.jpg

Breakfast at Tim Horton's. Usually go for one double sausage and egg muffin. But today I felt like having two. Tasty! :D

cG99Xw.jpg

Went to Wagamama's for lunch. The Shirodashi ramen was not bad. The pork and the egg was nice. The broth was decent, although I'm not really a big ramen eater, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. The noodles were kinda bland though. Maybe it was the big breakfast, but I couldn't bring myself to finish this. And I wouldn't rush to have it again.

Z3OXjo.jpg

Also got a side of panko steamed buns. Love these! :D

Soldato
@jpaul Where did you see these macro's?

I've not picked the camera up in years unfortunately. Really want to get back into it but getting the time these days is hard :(

going off to try and find my flickr page

Soldato
@famas I was impressed by your sourdough pictures so looked in photography threads here to see other photos + setup were ...
looked too good to be a smart phone ? but they were ?
flickr - initials dp ?.. looking again at photos had not twigged the magnificent insects were from 2010 -
[ edit : I need to understand how somejpegs get tagged with camera details - it's useful ]

Soldato
Lunch once again at Six by Nico. The newest theme: Sicily, taking inspiration from chef Nico's Italian roots. Was good :D

mg1qjY.jpg

i0crSP.jpg

sHoljR.jpg

SS0hPV.jpg

cdWBup.jpg

VxPGdo.jpg

KzOYLM.jpg

8sgvic.jpg

I loved the slow cooked aubergine. The seared tuna and ox cheek ragu were also really nice. The pork & Italian sausage were good too, though I wasn't really impressed by the orange & pistachio dressing it came with.

Soldato
I loved the slow cooked aubergine. The seared tuna and ox cheek ragu were also really nice. The pork & Italian sausage were good too, though I wasn't really impressed by the orange & pistachio dressing it came with.
is that a un-menu'd sorbet ? very coarse - something cold with a nice lemon tart - um ...

Soldato
is that a un-menu'd sorbet ? very coarse - something cold with a nice lemon tart - um ...

It had the consistency of sorbet, but it wasn't lemon flavoured. I dunno if that was supposed to be the "candied rosemary" the menu mentions. It was a nice dessert, but they've done better.

Back
Top Bottom