StoreMI a good option?

Associate
Hi guys, my trusty ol' 500GB Samsung HDD died yesterday and my intention has always been to replace it with a 1TB samsung SSD for game/media storage. (i already have a 256GB Samsung 970 NVMe drive as boot).

I have a 2700x and x470 board and saw that StoreMI combines an SSD and large HDD to make one volume at 'SSD speeds'. Does anyone have any experience with this? Are there recommended HDD size/speeds i should get to make the most of it (5900rpm/7200rpm)? Or am i just best off with getting my 1TB SSD?

Associate
i'm running a 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD using fuzedrive ( the official version of storeMI , no difference other than its just a paid version without the AMD badge )

my HDD is 7200rpm but i would imagine it would work fine with a 5900rpm just as well.

Works great and really fast using cheap mech drives for games storage and access.
( the process can be reversed if you decide to add /change or upgrade drives later on. )

Associate
OP
...forgot to mention , i also use a 250gb 960 evo as my boot drive that isnt tied to storeMI ( but that option is also available too)

Would you say keeping the OS on its own SSD and then creating a SSD+HDD fuzedrive is the best option for speed sake? i don't mind grabbing a 128/256 SSD with a bigger HDD to create it.

Associate
Would you say keeping the OS on its own SSD and then creating a SSD+HDD fuzedrive is the best option for speed sake? i don't mind grabbing a 128/256 SSD with a bigger HDD to create it.

personally yes.
I prefer my boot drive away from storeMI , should one of the other drives ever fail , i can still boot into the operating system.

once you enter the software just create a storeMI ( fuzedrive) storage drive instead of using the boot option setup.

...sounds confusing but its not once you see the options in the software to create the drive.

Soldato
Hi guys, my trusty ol' 500GB Samsung HDD died yesterday and my intention has always been to replace it with a 1TB samsung SSD for game/media storage. (i already have a 256GB Samsung 970 NVMe drive as boot).

The best case scenario would be to use the 1Tb SSD and 970 with 2gb of system ram together with StoreMI.

Back
Top Bottom