• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Owners Thread

Associate
just a quick update nvidia have been in contact and it looks like i'm able to return them, for a refund, anyone have a eta on pre orders for the fe ti version on nvidia's site?
i'd prefer the founders card because waterblock compatibility will be a lot better, hell ek have them ready for pre order, on that note the asus blower ti card would this have the refrence pcb if so i'd opt for one of those
The reference cards on blowers will be B class chip so if you want to overclock it is ill advised to go fo a reference blower.

Soldato
i've just had conformation from nvidia the rma process is go, just need to wait for the rma number and instructions, as soon as the fe ti cards are back for pre order or in stock one will be comming my way plus a waterblock, plus when the 2080ti's are back and i have one souldn't need to overclock anyways as at stock speed that thing an absolute beast

Associate
Anyone checked if the LED colour settings in Precision X1 works on the FE cards? From the teardown by GN it was made clear it is an RGB controller so just interested if it can be changed from green...

Associate
is anyone having any randon framdrops on there cards?. i got the gigabyte card and having to run the card on simular settings as my 980ti. i cant plat in 4k as the fps is around 40 so dropped it to 1440 with vsync on and i hit 60 fine. it keeps dropping frames to 50 every now and then which has been bugging me as it didnt do that on my 980ti which was running at 1080p. Think my cpu id bottlenecking things which is my next upgrade but just wanted to find out if i have a card issue. Also playing with vsync off i get loads of frames but it is not smooth at all.
my specs are

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
Asus Maximus VIII Gene Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard
be quiet! Pure Power L8 600W '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz
GIGABYTE 2080 RTX

Associate
is anyone having any randon framdrops on there cards?. i got the gigabyte card and having to run the card on simular settings as my 980ti. i cant plat in 4k as the fps is around 40 so dropped it to 1440 with vsync on and i hit 60 fine. it keeps dropping frames to 50 every now and then which has been bugging me as it didnt do that on my 980ti which was running at 1080p. Think my cpu id bottlenecking things which is my next upgrade but just wanted to find out if i have a card issue. Also playing with vsync off i get loads of frames but it is not smooth at all.
my specs are

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
Asus Maximus VIII Gene Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard
be quiet! Pure Power L8 600W '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz
GIGABYTE 2080 RTX
6700K should not be a bottleneck...
Might just be driver quirks.

Soldato
The Scanner is probably not going to be far off what the GPU is capable of, although the highest stable frequency is only one of the factors it looks for. It tests repeatedly between 5 key points along the VF curve to find an equilibrium. It's strange they haven't written anything like this sooner.

Bit late to the party here as waiting for a Strix to arrive next week as well as the MSI Duke. Only part that's arrived thus far is the EKWB backplate, the block is coming Monday lol.

Associate
The Scanner is probably not going to be far off what the GPU is capable of, although the highest stable frequency is only one of the factors it looks for. It tests repeatedly between 5 key points along the VF curve to find an equilibrium. It's strange they haven't written anything like this sooner.

Bit late to the party here as waiting for a Strix to arrive next week as well as the MSI Duke. Only part that's arrived thus far is the EKWB backplate, the block is coming Monday lol.
You are lucky, I have to wait until October 8th for my Tis

Associate
The beast has arrived!
36_DF8358_DDF8_4_A28_9_D1_D_DE37035_AF879.jpg

Back
Top Bottom