Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Associate
If I signed up in October could I just add this on when it is released later on? I am taking box sets anyway.

Yeah, you'd be able to add it on at a later date.

You can simply take it out as a subscription with Sky if you don't have Netflix already, or link your existing Netflix account with Sky Q and then pay Sky for the Netflix subscription, or simply use your Netflix login credentials and just use it that way (you'll still be paying Netflix for the sub).

Soldato
Yeah, you'd be able to add it on at a later date.

You can simply take it out as a subscription with Sky if you don't have Netflix already, or link your existing Netflix account with Sky Q and then pay Sky for the Netflix subscription, or simply use your Netflix login credentials and just use it that way (you'll still be paying Netflix for the sub).
Great, thanks for the info .don't currently have Netflix and thought this was a good way to get into it. If you have multiroom and a 2tb box do you also get the UHD version of Netflix? I would want that for the Atmos content.

Associate
Great, thanks for the info .don't currently have Netflix and thought this was a good way to get into it. If you have multiroom and a 2tb box do you also get the UHD version of Netflix? I would want that for the Atmos content.

I... well, I really don't know. I'd assume you do since you get UHD with the 2TB and QMS, and the price will be £10 which is the UHD Netflix price too, but I don't know something concrete. Keep checking here or the website, more will be revealed soon.

Soldato
Misschief, is the £10 per month Entertainment pack still on offer and do you have codes? The wife is fed up of freeview and we're tempted to sign up.

How much is install please?

Caporegime
OP
Misschief, is the £10 per month Entertainment pack still on offer and do you have codes? The wife is fed up of freeview and we're tempted to sign up.

How much is install please?
Sadly no codes for this at the moment. Give sales a call and push hard and you might get close.

Associate

I just found out today that yes, if you have a Q 2TB box and QMS, then when you add Netflix on there, you will get UHD for Netflix content as well.

Associate
I have a Sky+ HD box which I only have the Original Pack, HD and F1 which I pay £34.50 a month for. I rang Sky to see if I could get a 2TB Q Box For £20 so that I could watch F1 UHD, yes for an extra £12 per month if I took out the multiscreen thing. I don't have any other TV's in the house, I appreciate this is Sky's conditions but the £46.50 per month for my quite basic package. Anything around to get Sports or suchlike included for a similar price?

Associate
I have a Sky+ HD box which I only have the Original Pack, HD and F1 which I pay £34.50 a month for. I rang Sky to see if I could get a 2TB Q Box For £20 so that I could watch F1 UHD, yes for an extra £12 per month if I took out the multiscreen thing. I don't have any other TV's in the house, I appreciate this is Sky's conditions but the £46.50 per month for my quite basic package. Anything around to get Sports or suchlike included for a similar price?

There isn't any other way around it. 46.50 per month would be the cheapest way to watch F1 in UHD.

You have a legacy subscription now and Sky have restructured the packages in a way that is not affordable at all to people who have the type of subscription you have (the legacy HD pack).

With the new subscriptions, you'd be looking at about £55 with the best offers available, but it would give you full Sports (UHD would be included in this price).

Caporegime
OP
So yes the multiscreen sub at £12pm is required I'm afraid. Call it the UHD subscription if you must but it is required. In fact it's changing name soon to reflect this.

Back
Top Bottom