** MEMORY PRICE DROP: CRAZY PRE-ORDER ONLY DEAL ON TUF ALLIANCE MEMORY FROM TEAMGROUP!! **

Associate
Will wait for black Friday then. Want. To see cost of 9 series intel and compare platform cost on whether amd or intel is the way to go. Memory speed matters more for amd.

OcUK Staff
OP
Black Friday is sooo long away though :rolleyes::p

And its not a guarantee, if memory prices start moving back up, then it won't be cheap, of course they might move down more, at the moment its tracking at still dropping but it is slowing, this week just 1% drop.

Associate
And its not a guarantee, if memory prices start moving back up, then it won't be cheap, of course they might move down more, at the moment its tracking at still dropping but it is slowing, this week just 1% drop.
Ok, thanks for that Gibbo.

Not sure what to do at all then.
Hoping to get a 27” monitor deal during Black Friday/New Year.
Saving £60 on memory would make that a bit more affordable.
:confused::rolleyes:

OcUK Staff
OP
It's in my basket the only thing stopping me is the £8.70 delivery charge:(

Link to your forum account for free mainland next day shipping.
Otherwise the shipping is the shipping I am afraid, still be cheaper than elsewhere for such speed of memory kit.

Soldato
It is linked but now my address is classed as Highlands and Islands ( despite being 65 miles from the Highlands) it would be nice to see a Royal Mail option or at least get discounted DPD shipping. I get what you're saying on the price of the RAM and I want to give my money to OCUK because of the forum and the previous great service. I just can't bring myself to pay such a high delivery cost for such a small and light package.

Associate
It is linked but now my address is classed as Highlands and Islands ( despite being 65 miles from the Highlands) it would be nice to see a Royal Mail option or at least get discounted DPD shipping. I get what you're saying on the price of the RAM and I want to give my money to OCUK because of the forum and the previous great service. I just can't bring myself to pay such a high delivery cost for such a small and light package.
It’s really weird how some delivery companies decide about location. Know a few people who are stung by that.
I’m ok being based in the Lothian’s.

Still, I agree with the Royal Mail idea for small packages. Happy to wait 5 days for delivery. As you say, £8.70 for a small lightweight package.
It does make you think about free delivery when you only need some cables or suchlike.

Associate

I run into the same issue , even with my free forum shipping , have a word with CS in the forums and see what they can do … in my very long purchase history , theres not a lot these guys wont do to help . being a small order may hinder there ability but never hurts to have a word.

Ree

Ree

Associate
It is linked but now my address is classed as Highlands and Islands ( despite being 65 miles from the Highlands)

i fell foul of this recently too with a competitor, i also live in aberdeenshire which is mainland last i knew and they classed me as highlands and islands and wanted a ludicrous £16 for dpd to deliver a 1.8m displayport cable, i obviously shopped elsewhere. there needs to be a crackdown on this nonsense as it's robbery without violence.

Associate
i fell foul of this recently too with a competitor, i also live in aberdeenshire which is mainland last i knew and they classed me as highlands and islands and wanted a ludicrous £16 for dpd to deliver a 1.8m displayport cable, i obviously shopped elsewhere. there needs to be a crackdown on this nonsense as it's robbery without violence.
Yep, delivery companies taking p**s. I know someone near Elgin and they have the same issue.
Aberdeenshire isn’t in the Highlands, the Highlands are the Highlands FFS. :mad:

Associate
What to do then, split the difference, get 16GB now and hope the price is good in Black Friday sales or just buy 32GB in case the price goes up and not look at prices during BF?

I’ll be looking at monitor deals so maybe won’t be able to ignore the memory prices.

OcUK Staff
OP
Done some EPIC TWO deals, 8G kits nearly £55 and 16G kits £110 on 2400MHz, pretty much cheapest out there for premium RAM with heatspreader. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
wow these prices are insane, not that long after I upgraded to 32gig as well :(

Is a shame no 2x16 kits tho.

There is:

Team Group Vulcan T-Force 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD432G3 @ £229.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Team...ual-Channel-Kit-Grey-TLGD432G3-MY-08P-TG.html

TLGD432G3000HC16CDC01, 3000MHz RAM Speed, CAS 16-18-18-36 Timings, 1.25-1.35v VDIMM, Lifetime Warranty with OcUK.

Only £229.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Back
Top Bottom