Updating ford sync software via USB

Soldato
I downloaded the latest ford sync update for my 2014 Ford Focus. Followed the instructions but when I try to run the update my car says installation files not found.

Ive found some tutorial and all point to the install.lst file being wrong. I've checked mine and it's correct so not sure why my car won't see it. Is there another USB port I'm supposed to put it in?

Soldato
There was a problem with some of the updates supplied by Ford doing this, helpful dudes on forums managed to fix it so that the files could be found.

Try finding the update on a Ford based forum and you will likely find talk of this and fixed downloads :)

Soldato
OP
Found a post in the Ford Focus Owners forum which has the two install files attached. Downloaded them and it worked :) System Info now shows 5.11

Soldato
Says my 2014 Focus is up to date.

Would vector_VMCU_03.00.09 be my sync version? There is no firmware version in System info.

Its a Sony display.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Says my 2014 Focus is up to date.

Would U_03.00.09 be my sync version? There is no firmware version in System info.

Its a Sony display.

Not sure what U_03.00.09 is, when I look at system info mine says 5.11 now and when I scroll down theres lots of random info

Back
Top Bottom