• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Well the best sim only deal I could find for EE was £14 per month after cash back, 10gb data, unlimited calls and sms so £3 off that £72 more over the 24 months total, might try calling them back tomorrow and see if I can get any more out of them! Looked at the installments and over 24 months (with Applcare) its £62.30 per month, added in a sim only deal that would be £76.30 a month so ......
Plus you're only tied to EE for a year and the phone will be unlocked.

That said I'm approaching my second year with EE with no complaints after being with O2 and Three previously. I do get a bit of 4G contention at rugby games so I have to switch to 3G if I want data, whereas friends with Vodafone are fine, but that just means more time for drinking without the added distraction of Facebook notifications and meme's in WhatsApp groups!

Soldato
I took my max back today. It's not that I don't like it but I've been offered a 256GB Max through work for £20 per month with a £40 upfront cost. That's on the silly 100GB EE package as well. Only problem is that I have to wait until the end of October when my current contract expires. At least I get some time to watch the Google event to see whether I'm better off getting the Pixel 3, I'll be able to get that on a work deal as well.

Soldato
Plus you're only tied to EE for a year and the phone will be unlocked.

That said I'm approaching my second year with EE with no complaints after being with O2 and Three previously. I do get a bit of 4G contention at rugby games so I have to switch to 3G if I want data, whereas friends with Vodafone are fine, but that just means more time for drinking without the added distraction of Facebook notifications and meme's in WhatsApp groups!
Been with EE for year and the signal and service has been great, so will probably stick with them tbh

Soldato
First proper day of work usage with my new iPhone XS today - Still super impressed!

Battery is sooooo much better than my 6S - and the WiFi is clearly better as I can access the WiFi properly from the work toilet, which is clearly going to revolutionise my work poops from now on :p

I was apprehensive about how Face ID was going to be but I’m totally sold now - it’s worked just as quickly for me at the moment, and I’m sure it’ll only get better as it learns to read my face better.

The screen is incredible - I just need to get a case on this bad boy - I just know I’ll drop it sooner than later and I’ll cry if it got damaged in any way :p

Soldato
I can't imagine I'll move away from EE, they are the only network to fully support all the iOS features. Visual Voicemail, VoLTE, WiFi Calling, WiFi Calling over iCloud, Apple Watch LTE. Other networks may support 1 or more of those, but EE is the only network to support all of them.

Associate
XS Max outselling the XS, 256GB most popular and 512GB subject to shortages.
http://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/24/kuo-iphone-xs-max-256gb-most-popular/

All this tells me is Apple will be sticking to offering 64GB at a £1000 price tag, instead of just offering 128GB as base like the Note9 for example. Still annoying that they've only offered the 128GB configuration on the XR and also not included a fast charger for a £1000 phone.

Soldato
How are you guys getting on with the reception? See a few places are starting to report some bad , not so rare signal problems.

Travel a lot at work in the sticks so a real signal problem would be a pain for me.

Soldato
Stopped by o2 today and even with staff discount it was £66 for 256gb Xs and £75+ for Xs Max per month with unlimited everything and 50gb data.

That's WITH discount, mad money so gonna keep an eye out for 2nd hand X model and sell my 8+

Caporegime
So I’ve finally managed to get around to setting up my XS, did a backup through iTunes on my 6s and then restored on the XS. All went well thankfully

Anyhow the screen looks dull to me, maybe I just need to get used to it but compared to the 6s the colours look yellow and dull.

Is it meant to be like this?? Even the phones in store looked a bit dull.

Like I said maybe my eyes need to get used to the whole OLED colours. I’ll have a look at tweaking settings as well.

Oh and enjoying typing on this screen unlike my 6s which I despised typing on as it was always putting random punctuations in lol. So at least that’s an improvement.

EDIT: ok I’ve turned off True Tone which was giving the screen the yellow dullish colour. Phone now looks much sharper and more natural colours wise.

Man of Honour
After a lot of umming and ahhing I think I’m waiting for the XR, although I’m interested for your guy’s views on the screen. From what I gather of the differences between the OLED and the LCD, the big pros with the OLED are deeper blacks and viewing angle - and that the resolution is a big of a red herring as it’s not actually possible to see the difference at normal viewing distances, yet a lot of YouTube comments are whining over the ‘old tech’ of lcd (of iPhone 4 standards even though it is the same as the iPhone 8). What say you guys? I have no doubt the OLED is a better experience over all but tbh I’ve never looked at my phone and thought ‘hmm these blacks could be blacker’. I also like that there is a sensible 128gb option with the XR.

Soldato
I must admit, I don't recall being blown away by the screen when I was using my 8 Plus and X at the same time. My XS Max is still in its box though so can't compare the screen on that just yet, but even after many months of using the X, the screen on my wife's 8 Plus is still looking good to me too. I wouldn't be concerned about the XR looking poor in comparison - it just won't be as good as the OLED displays but it'll still be plenty good enough.

Soldato
How are you guys getting on with the reception? See a few places are starting to report some bad , not so rare signal problems.

Travel a lot at work in the sticks so a real signal problem would be a pain for me.

I’ve noticed mine has become a bit weaker. Hopefully just a software thing.

EDIT: ok I’ve turned off True Tone which was giving the screen the yellow dullish colour. Phone now looks much sharper and more natural colours wise.

I find the display weird without True Tone. I always have it on

Back
Top Bottom