New Gaming PC

Associate
I want to build a gaming PC but im not sure which specs to go for and what to use.
I play WOW but still want to be able to play 1st person shooters and strategy games.
My budget is £900
This is my first post but i've seen others and you all seem really helpful

Associate
Hey,

What 1st person shooters and stratergy games are we talking as WoW isn’t overly demanding so I’d imagine these will be the driving factor when looking to spec the system.

Also, what monitor are you running things on?

Finally, what’s your current setup? £900 in upgrades might be a better call than a full new build :)

Welcome to the forum!!

Soldato
v30BQ8i.jpg
£901 delivered. If you don't need the case or go for a cheaper one or already have a decent psu etc you might be able to shuffle around a little and try to get a 1070TI or Vega 64 which would be ideal. You could also you could knock off 80 quid from the Ryzen bundle deal by going for 8gb memory instead of 16 but you will probably end up needing another 8gb eventually.

Associate
OP
I want to be able to play Ark and Europa Unavirsallis 4 on high definition if possible. I don't really know what I need to play on high definition as I usually played with everything on low or disabled so I could have higher Fps (I rarely hit 30). My current monitor is too bad to use so I'm going to upgrade that but I'll get that outside of my budget. My current setup is a Lenovo H30 - 05 but it was a £300 prebuilt office tower so I don't know if I should upgrade as I might end up changing everything. Also it recently broke so I might add the ram from it on top of what I buy as I don't know what is broken and it might be the ram. I can also use the case to keep costs down if need be.

Last edited:
Soldato
£75 over but 75hz freesync screen to go with :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £975.89 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

push a little deeper in budget and better panel and 144hz screen for £60 extra

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...rved-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-001-ms.html

Soldato
DikyKqL.jpg
Took out the case since you could probably use the one you have for now. Changed the psu, still a gold bronze though. Also checked out the reviews of these and they look solid.

£922.03 delivered.

Slightly over budget but this will definitely get the job done.

Last edited:
Associate
@Lokken86 at the bottom of the basket, there is a button called BB Code, if you press that then copy the text that's in the box that pops up and paste it in the forum reply box then it will format the basket on the forum nicely. This helps so people can click on the parts you suggest to look at them closer.

Soldato
@Lokken86 at the bottom of the basket, there is a button called BB Code, if you press that then copy the text that's in the box that pops up and paste it in the forum reply box then it will format the basket on the forum nicely. This helps so people can click on the parts you suggest to look at them closer.
Thank you! I always wondered how they were doing it.

Soldato
Changed the psu, still a gold bronze though. Also checked out the reviews of these and they look solid.
So how many of those "reviews" mentioned that it's not 600W PSU?
Even 500W would be loose rating with only 450W 12V.
Assuming it can do that cleanly and long term, to which I don't have that much faith with misleading model naming.

Soldato
So how many of those "reviews" mentioned that it's not 600W PSU?
Even 500W would be loose rating with only 450W 12V.
Assuming it can do that cleanly and long term, to which I don't have that much faith with misleading model naming.
I couldn't find a 600w review but I got a 700w and nothing suspect there, gave it a great review so I wouldn't think it couldn't handle a system like this. If it's no good then the one orbitalwalsh suggested can do 550w on the 12v. Just get that.

Last edited:
Soldato
We members of take their advice hands down , @EsaT being one of them .
Kolinks flagships are stunning kits, we've been slowly working on the rep here to release units for review . I have no doubt they aren't to bad as most, but you need to have a few trusted reviews behind them etc , specially 450/550w range .

Back
Top Bottom