• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yeah, I've not been blown away by the X screen after having it for a year, compared to the 7 screen before. It might notice it now going back, but definitely wasn't noticeable upgrade. I have a feeling TrueTone might be more noticeable, and simply the size of course.

Caporegime
Anyone have any recommendations on cases for the iPhone Xs?? I’d like something slim and with good protection all round. Also after a glass tempered screen protector as well.

Not sure whether to just get the one apple sell, at £30 it’s a bit pricey tbh.

Associate
I've ordered the Leather apple case coming at £55 and Anker have a tempered screen protector available on the rain forest for £6.99.

Never usually pay that much but it's an expensive phone and I dare say it's a bit of a treat for me.

Man of Honour
Anyone have any recommendations on cases for the iPhone Xs?? I’d like something slim and with good protection all round. Also after a glass tempered screen protector as well.

Not sure whether to just get the one apple sell, at £30 it’s a bit pricey tbh.

I'm using the Gear 4 Battersea for my XS Max, they do an XS version too
https://www.gear4.com/battersea-iphone-plus-2018/

Used the same case for the X. Adds loads of protection and it's low profile so doesn't add much to the size of the phone.

I've tried the Apple Leather cases before and they are just garbage imo. They look awful after a couple of months of being in your pockets (unless you get black) and are really slippy.

Associate
I've gone for the midnight blue Apple leather case, it really does look good but it's very slippery - do they get better?

Anyone gone for Apple Care Plus?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It's all about dat saddle brown patina. No hipster points for big black plastic cases.

iPhone-6s-brown-leather-case-usage.jpg

I've gone for the midnight blue Apple leather case, it really does look good but it's very slippery - do they get better?

Anyone gone for Apple Care Plus?

I imagine a lot have got it included in the iUP.

Soldato
So I placed the order for my Xs Max with EE and its gone to back order! Nooooooooooooo!

Will have to see how quickly they come back in stock.. Might grab a nice case from Apple at lunch

Man of Honour
I wish I could put a case on my phone but I just can't bring myself to do it.
My X has been naked since when I got it last October/November. Only a few minor marks on it which you have to look for. Then again I have full Apple Care on it. I tried an Apple leather case and didn't like the feel of it on the phone at all compared to my previous 7+.

Soldato
I'm rocking the Apple Leather in saddle brown, looks really smart.

It's all about dat saddle brown patina. No hipster points for big black plastic cases.

iPhone-6s-brown-leather-case-usage.jpg

+1

I have the Apple saddle brown case on my new Xs, on my (wife's) 6s and my iPad — I'm planning on a saddle brown strap on my S4 watch (when I get it), but I'm not sure I can bring myself to pay for the Apple strap.

Soldato
My X has been naked since when I got it last October/November. Only a few minor marks on it which you have to look for. Then again I have full Apple Care on it. I tried an Apple leather case and didn't like the feel of it on the phone at all compared to my previous 7+.

I've got accidental cover for mine as well, which cost £155 for two years. Since a case could cost £50 and still not stop the phone breaking if you dropped it, I figured it would be nice to use the phone in its natural state.

Associate
Apple Leather in black, wasn't particularly sold on any of the other colours.

I've been trying my 8 Plus without a case but find it's too slippery so a case got chucked back on.

Associate
I took my max back today. It's not that I don't like it but I've been offered a 256GB Max through work for £20 per month with a £40 upfront cost. That's on the silly 100GB EE package as well. Only problem is that I have to wait until the end of October when my current contract expires. At least I get some time to watch the Google event to see whether I'm better off getting the Pixel 3, I'll be able to get that on a work deal as well.
Did I read that correctly?
XS Max 256GB 100GB data £20p/m with £40uf?

Associate
I'm torn by the iPhone XS Max 256.

1) I need dual sim, but this feature isn't coming out until (supposedly) later this year. I had to move to OnePlus in order to get this feature.

2) No 5G, which is due to be rolled out from 2020. Meaning this £1200 phone will be old tech in 15 months time, yes I know, but more obsolete than usual.

Soldato
It will be older tech yes, as the new ones will be announced in just 12 months time. Potentiallly with 5g

Edit. You’ve just given two Good reasons you should wait til next year

Back
Top Bottom