• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Silly to buy a 1080ti now??

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Seems nvidia have added anti resell mechanisms on the game code, I think destiny 2 codes can be resold but only to 1070/80/80ti owners and people who are prepared to install geforce experience to activate it.
That is not new. Been around for at least a year if I am not wrong.

Soldato
Not on topic.

Playing rise of the tomb raider. Stock around 73fps. If I put up the power limit to get to close to 2000 I get 76.

The point of overclocking is?

OcUK Staff
The RTX 2080's are just like the 1080Ti's when it comes to boost clocks, they all typically boost to around 1900-2000MHz out the box depending on cooler etc. Increase the power limit, set fans higher and they will generally happy to sit around 2000MHz core.

Was playing with Palit Gaming Pro OC today, cooler like 1080Ti Jetstream cooler is very good and extremely quiet.

OcUK Staff
Oh and if all goes well, its not confirmed yet, but found 1721 units of 1080Ti in USA and its the Gigabyte 1080Ti Black OC model, the reason we've been awarded these is because its a card I designed for Gigabyte so obviously get the first dibs.

We are bringing the full 1721 to the UK, OcUK has committed to 1000 so far, but if our sales are good we shall take the full 1721 units to prevent competitors having them.

The price as long as deal is 110% confirmed tomorrow shall be £579 on pre-order, this is an incredible price, when stock lands it shall increase to £599. :)

So just a heads up, I can't see myself finding a better deal, especially for such a fantastic 1080Ti, especially such a sexy looking one, it has to be the best yes, I mean it is my design. ;)

OcUK Staff
Another 1080ti deal that was extremely unlikely to happen...happens!

Less of the cheek, I can just turn it away you ungrateful sod. :p
You only need look at competitors, their prices are moving upwards and ranges reducing.

I have some good contacts and as I've helped Gigabyte with R&D in past, this was a nice favour, but hey ho might just sell the lot to miners. ;)

Soldato
Not on topic.

Playing rise of the tomb raider. Stock around 73fps. If I put up the power limit to get to close to 2000 I get 76.

The point of overclocking is?

It could be the rest of your system. CPU bottleneck maybe? Definitely if you’re still on that 4 core 3820

Associate
It's still too expensive but it's good to see you Gibbo bringing the price down one step at a time. I noticed some competitors gone up :(. Maybe closing the gap between it & the rtx2080 as people struggle to justify price gap. Keep it up matey.

OcUK Staff
It's still too expensive but it's good to see you Gibbo bringing the price down one step at a time. I noticed some competitors gone up :(. Maybe closing the gap between it & the rtx2080 as people struggle to justify price gap. Keep it up matey.

No it is because miners are back, RTX sucks at mining at moment so seeing a big demand increase on pascal from miners, so I am sure that is what you are seeing, stock been swallowed up.

Soldato
Less of the cheek, I can just turn it away you ungrateful sod. :p
You only need look at competitors, their prices are moving upwards and ranges reducing.

I have some good contacts and as I've helped Gigabyte with R&D in past, this was a nice favour, but hey ho might just sell the lot to miners. ;)

Haha. It's just banter come on.

Soldato
I find it amusing that I get bombarded for making a comment about price (which I agree with) and not needing it (like you know what I’m using the card for), yet I make a comment about someone not being able to afford one to make a point and the irony is the comeback is “you don’t know my financials”. Yup just like you don’t know what I need and why.

Oddly I agree with price is too high. Waaaay too high, but the endless whining here is getting repetitive.
Ahh, the weak "affordability" argument. You've just undermined any point you think you might have had when you start suggesting people only dislike the price because they can't afford it. That's such an arrogant and egotistical way of seeing the situation.

Back
Top Bottom