A car manufacturer you will never buy?

Man of Honour
Vauxhall - Boring beyond belief for the most part.

It is one thing I can't get my head around - how Vauxhall have managed to build cars that are mundane personified - there is something so incredibly dull about the cars just riding in one feels tedious. I don't find the same with any other brand even the quite boring ones.

Soldato
It is one thing I can't get my head around - how Vauxhall have managed to build cars that are mundane personified - there is something so incredibly dull about the cars just riding in one feels tedious. I don't find the same with any other brand even the quite boring ones.

Dunno, but Peugeot owns them now. So it can only get worse :p

Underboss
I find the Vauxhalls the same like everybody else

I have never liked the looks of these cars, i find them all very dull and boring

my sister had an Astra for a while, i didn't like it
my step dad, and then mum had it, a Vectra
i hated that too, i also drove the Vectra and i didn't like it

Also the image these got with "******" just yukk!

Not keen on how Lambos have gone, i was very much a Countache/Diablo fan boy back in the day, i do not like the image after these

Soldato
I'm not sure there are many brands that we wouldn't have as one of our cars, but I could personally never own a Dacia Or any of the new MG's. I can sort of understand why people buy them but my limited experience of them tells me I would absolutely hate every minute of having to own one.

Vauxhall get an awful lot of stick, but they now make at least two very competent cars in the Astra and insignia. Both of which are better cars than the (to 2018)Focus and Mondeo imo, the Corsa always sells well when a new model is released (less understandably so) and I'd be willing to be a lot of people that hate them have probably not driven a newer model.

Associate
I’d previously had the same thoughts about Vauxhall but the new Insignia (almost) lured me in as a company car....... it now looks like the petrol engine in the GSI has been pulled from the market for some unexplained reason that not even customer services could clarify so they’re just left with a diesel(!) for their “hot” version. That was a close one.

Permabanned
Got an Alfa here so happy nobody has mentioned them yet :D

We had a punto for the other half. Terrible thing made of cardboard and had an engine from a strimmer. Dad had a new fiat Meria years ago from the dealer 0 miles, drove it out and the engine dropped out.

I'll never by a French car again haha!!

Soldato
I think Audi and Mercedes as i don't think i could ever get over their image problem.

I can understand Audi, but do MB have an image problem?

tbf suzuki's 4x4 offerings aint that bad, although i do agree things like the swift do not excite me.

What about the Swift Sport? The first model was widely regarded as one of the most fun cars and cheaper than the alternatives (yet more reliable and wellbuilt) and by all accounts the new model is even better.

I don't think there's any car manufacturer that I would categorically say I would never buy... maybe Morgan?

Soldato
What about the Swift Sport? The first model was widely regarded as one of the most fun cars and cheaper than the alternatives (yet more reliable and wellbuilt) and by all accounts the new model is even better.

eh, if i want sporty i start insisting on rwd, i don't set much stock in any fwd vehicle claiming to be all that sporty (yes i know the lotus elan exists and yes i know they said it's technically faster in the right circumstances but fast=/=fun)

don't get me wrong, if it was between a swift and either a dacia, vauxhall or anything french i'd for sure be picking the swift.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Lexus. Not because of the cars (though there's pretty much nothing of interest to me in their current range), but because of how a certain Lexus dealership in Victoria BC treated my grandfather when he went in ready to buy a car - salesdroid took one look at him and haughtily pointed him in the direction of the Toyota dealership. He left, bought a BMW and popped back a few days later to point out to the dealer principal how the salesdroid had cost them a sale plus the money on servicing. All these years later grandad is on his second BMW and his local Lexus dealership is dying on its backside.

Soldato
It's strange how one incident can impact someone for the rest of their lives. It's irrational but I guess we all do it to an extent.

Soldato
Got an Alfa here so happy nobody has mentioned them yet :D

We had a punto for the other half. Terrible thing made of cardboard and had an engine from a strimmer. Dad had a new fiat Meria years ago from the dealer 0 miles, drove it out and the engine dropped out.

I'll never by a French car again haha!!
You do realise Fiat are Italian, right?

Soldato
Peugeot. After the shocking customer service they gave when my fathers RCZ detonated itself I would rather get the bus than put money in the pockets of such a scummy company.

Back
Top Bottom