• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Associate
Well got my memory (32GB of DDR4 3200Mhz) so im set for what ever side presents, I was looking to the 9900K or possibly the 9700K depending on price and performance but I'm wondering about ZEN2 now. Any details on what products and when about?

Associate
Well got my memory (32GB of DDR4 3200Mhz) so im set for what ever side presents, I was looking to the 9900K or possibly the 9700K depending on price and performance but I'm wondering about ZEN2 now. Any details on what products and when about?

No details yet, probably early next year before we hear anything.

Associate

I was all for a 9900k but after seeing the potential eye gouging incoming. I am tempted to go with a 2700x bundle with an option of upgrading to zen2 later

Associate
If intel can price the 9900k at under £500, then I'll be interested. But I'm not holding any hope that it will be the case.

I hope they prove me wrong.

Soldato
OP
mmm cpuz multicore above 4600 , 5ghz - version 17 . something. something

*disclaimer , aint my chip, nor do i have one , nor do i know who did the bench , i don't have the evidence now *

Soldato
I’m thinking the same. 4 cores isn’t smooth enough for me nowa days

The issue for people on sandy i7s and above, especially if clocked, is that by going AMD now, you aren't really gaining much at all from a gaming perspective by going AMD. It's a lot of money to most people for such minor gains and you're basically betting on zen2 being a great chip. If that's the case, it will have a price tag to match. Begs the question, why not upcoming i7 now at 5.0 which will likely be great then the i9 as a drop in upgrade years later. It's less of a gamble.

Soldato
The issue for people on sandy i7s and above, especially if clocked, is that by going AMD now, you aren't really gaining much at all from a gaming perspective by going AMD. It's a lot of money to most people for such minor gains and you're basically betting on zen2 being a great chip. If that's the case, it will have a price tag to match. Begs the question, why not upcoming i7 now at 5.0 which will likely be great then the i9 as a drop in upgrade years later. It's less of a gamble.

ive got a 4790K. im not that fussed on FPS but more frametimes and overall smoothness.

Soldato
OP
Just a shame the prices on these are going to be utterly ridiculous for a good while... :(

im sure, first batch of pre-order or stock it sticks to MSRP , after that, resellers can they list pre-orders at increasing prices due to stock demands. what happened with coffeelake, kaby lake etc . and nvidia/vega cards are launch . first physical batch goes for normal price then its a race .

would be runny to see 9700k cheaper then 8700k if only for a little while

Associate
im sure, first batch of pre-order or stock it sticks to MSRP , after that, resellers can they list pre-orders at increasing prices due to stock demands. what happened with coffeelake, kaby lake etc . and nvidia/vega cards are launch . first physical batch goes for normal price then its a race .

would be runny to see 9700k cheaper then 8700k if only for a little while

Lol i dont even think these will be MSRP at release given the current state of Intel stock..

Back
Top Bottom