What Audio interface with MAUDIO BX5s

Associate
Hi all,

I have a pair of Bx5s which are currently running from a 3.5mm jack to the 2 TRS connections.

I'm looking for an audio interface that would support this set up so I can improve the quality over my on board sound.

I'm no audiophile by any means but am aware I'm not getting the best out of my Bx5s by having them come from on board sound via 3.5mm jack to the TRS Jack's on the monitors.

Can anyone recommend an interface and give me an idea of how the 2 Bx5s will run form it.

Many thanks

Associate
OP
Any decent interface will do the trick tbh. I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and can recommend it.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely look at the Scarlett. I see it has 2 (left & right) 6.3mm outputs, what cables would I need for this to go to my monitors? My monitors have a TRS connection and XLR connection on each of them.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Soldato
Scarlett 2i2 has balanced outputs and the BX5's accept balanced via the TRS inputs, so you might as well make use of that, rather than using unbalanced cables. You'd really only want to use unbalanced if the device the speakers connect to doesn't support balanced, such as a sound card or motherboard.

Balanced TRS uses stereo cables, so you'd need 2x 6.35mm to 6.35mm stereo cables. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-6-...le-Lead/381208855852?var=&hash=item58c1d1852c

Associate
OP
Thank you all for the great help folks. Going with the PreSonus AUDIOBOX96 USB Audio Interface after reading some reviews (and also the Scarlett is a tad out of my price range atm) with two balanced TRS leads.

Associate
OP
Unless you are having obvious issues like interference with the onboard sound I don't think there's much point in getting an interface
Yeah definitely having interference problems (when I move the mouse for example). Also easier to control the volume and should surely be a better quality of sound over my onboard.

Also the PreSonus comes with some software that a few of the reviewers seem quite excited about which is a huge plus given the lack of EQ on Win10.

Back
Top Bottom