US: Better Call Saul

Associate
Honestly, having the episodes weekly, and being such a slow burner I've been finding it quite hard to follow too. I've had to look things up a number of times on Fandom.

I think the current situation is that Nacho poisoned Hector to stop him from taking over his dad's shop.

Gus figured it out and now has Nacho in a bind and is forced to work for him.

Gus' goons took him to the desert and shot him up along with his dead partner to make it look like they got jacked by a rival dealer.

Hector's cartel family links came across the border to rescue Nacho, that's the two brothers. Who are helping Nacho, because Nacho used to be Hector's no. 2, so they trust him.

Nacho told the brothers a porkey, that it was this rival gang that got him shot up, so they go find them and blast them. Essentially wiping out some of the competition, making room for Gus to then move into that territory.

And now Nacho is stuck working for Gus unless he can figure out a way of getting out of that situation.

This episode was really good though, I enjoyed it. And we can see now how it looks like Jimmy is going to start becoming like the Vet and make his own network of criminals through the burner phone business as part of his progression into Saul Goodman - hence all the phones in his drawers in BB.

That was very helpful, thanks.

Kim's actions were bizarre in this latest episode but that is yet to be explained. I really hope that not every single television show starts doing this thing where every plot element becomes a tangled knot of loose threads. It began to get annoying in Westworld and will be infuriating if every drama adopts it. The only reason for it is to encourage discussion and speculation on Reddit. Otherwise it's an unnecessary mechanism to drive a story.

Soldato
Yeah, I don't mind that kind of stuff to get me thinking or guessing a bit, but if that's the case I prefer it if I can binge the series, otherwise there's just too much going on week to week and I forget what's going on.

The other thing is they could really do with an recap at the start of each episode if they're going to be referencing events from earlier in the series or even previous seasons. Some of the other Amazon and Netflix shows do that and it helps a lot.

Soldato
Felt sad for Jimmy when Kim gave him that news and she wasn't offered that position until she actively went after it.

Can't imagine the German will be around long with how he's already on Mike's list.

Soldato
Seeing how much planning they put into building the den that was active in BB makes you realize just how much Walt destroyed things for them.

giphy.gif

Soldato
Most people thought that Kim would end up being killed to break the relationship up but with this weeks episode I think they'll go down the route of growing apart as the montage at the start showed.

Back
Top Bottom