Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th September - 3rd October 2018]

Man of Honour

Premier League:
SkyBet Championship:

SkyBet League One:

SkyBet League Two:

Fixtures on Sky:
wda55RW.png
TV:

wda55RW.png
Radio:
Tables:
wda55RW.png

Last edited:
Don
Why so many awful 'Super Sundays' so far this season?

This is the worst yet!
It's always like this early in the season. Sky & BT must show every club a minimum amount of times so they like to get some of the smaller sides quota out of the way early so they aren't in a position where they're having to show Cardiff instead of a potential title decider towards the end of the season.

Soldato
TBH 'Super' Sunday hasn't been quite so super for many years, I think it was West Ham v West Brom a couple of years ago that was amazing whereas the week before had Man U v Liverpool and Arsenal v Chelsea (or Tottenham) and there was 1 goal over both matches.

Usually the best matches are the ones where the mid table teams have a proper go at each other.

Soldato
It's always like this early in the season. Sky & BT must show every club a minimum amount of times so they like to get some of the smaller sides quota out of the way early so they aren't in a position where they're having to show Cardiff instead of a potential title decider towards the end of the season.

They were never putting a Chelsea vs Liverpool up against the Ryder cup on a Sunday tbh.

Soldato
What I don't get is why don't Sky have the Saturday lunch time kickoff this weekend? I thought they always had that and BT got the late game? I presume it must be them not wanting to take audience away from the Ryder Cup.

Caporegime
He's already started looking like a hobo, I reckon he rocks up with a sleeping bag and flask to the next press conference if they lose this.

West Ham at 16/5 was a crazy price.

Soldato
United's play is just laboured and without instruction. The only things I can see is an attempt to be compact, which is playing to the wingers of West ham. And the lump balls to Fellaini from De Gea

Soldato
Mourinho used to be so tactically astute, it was one of his biggest strengths as a manager. At United he looks like he hasn't got a clue, he's constantly chopping and changing personnel and formation, there's no consistency at all.

Back
Top Bottom