PS4 Fortnite cross-play open beta starting today, Sony looking into support for other games

Caporegime
HUGE NEWS

Following a comprehensive evaluation process, SIE has identified a path toward supporting cross-platform features for select third party content. We recognize that PS4 players have been eagerly awaiting an update, and we appreciate the community’s continued patience as we have navigated through this issue to find a solution.

The first step will be an open beta beginning today for Fortnite that will allow for cross platform gameplay, progression and commerce across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems. We see the beta as an opportunity to conduct thorough testing that ensures cross-platform play is best on PlayStation, while being mindful about the user experience from both a technical and social perspective.

It's very very good news too! Hopefully we get more now in the future.

Soldato
tis great news. Whilst I'm not a fortnite player I'll be able to join the kids every so often to show them daddy is still the 'gaming master' (as my son claims he now has the title) lol

Soldato
Never understood the fuss, might be because the games I play aren't effected but it was never a big issue for me.

I'm glad it's happened for the people who wanted it though :)

Soldato
Fantastic news, chuffed to hear it.

What like that US firm called Apple still running its 2007 UI? ;)

If it ain't broke...

Is the UI for the PS3 that much different to the PS4? How much has Samsung's Galaxy UI changed since its inception?

The Xbox One has quite a different UI than the 360 if I recall, but that was a step backwards IMO.

Soldato
tis great news. Whilst I'm not a fortnite player I'll be able to join the kids every so often to show them daddy is still the 'gaming master' (as my son claims he now has the title) lol

This

had to bitch slap my middle child silly on UT99 and of just to assert that Gaming dominance. not too sure on Fortnite though, he lives breaths and sleeps the bloody thing.
Fifa though his mind was blown when I explained i'd been playing Fifa since Fifa international soccer back in 1994. the series is double his age :) :)

Back
Top Bottom