• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A Blast To The Past

Soldato
Abit KR7A-RAID was the first motherboard I bought from OcUK back in 2000 or early 2001, ran that along with an AMD 1700XP.

Used a 3DFX Voodoo 5500 64MB for playing EverQuest, the image quality on the Voodoo 5 creamed all over Nvidia cards at the time.

EheZlRf.jpg.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I looked through and saw the abit nf7-s v2 and basically did /thread in my head right there. I still have a working one of those epic epic boards.

Last edited:
Soldato
My main heroic motherboard was the Abit NF7, which was awesome.
I remember OcUK doing an awesome deal on the first DFI 939 Crossfire motherboard (no way I'm remembering that name), couldn't resist at the time even though it was a pain with ram.
The colour scheme was great. Wish we could still get motherboards like it.

Caporegime
Loads of the above boards bring back happy overclocking memories, i think my most fun was had with a Phase Change cooled 3.06Ghz P4 purchased on release day running at well over 4ghz, happy days, still don't miss the dielectric grease, horrible stuff.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Abit KD7-S with my old Athlon XP2500. Used to use a gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 which I gave away.

Athlon64 3700 San Diego in a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D

Swapped the 3700 out for an opteron 275

Back
Top Bottom