SFX PSU Query

Soldato
I've recently purchased an ITX motherboard to downsize my PC due to a change in usage.

What SFX PSU would be suitable to power a 2600k and a GTX 970? Nvidia recommends 500W for the GTX 970 but I've no idea how accurate that is.

Soldato
OP
It would be the 2600k at stock speeds, an EVGA GTX 970 SC, 16GB of memory and an SSD.

Nothing overly fancy, I would like it to be a bit future proof though as the CPU and GPU are getting a bit old.

Man of Honour
A decent 450-550w psu would be more than enough. If you want the very best SFX units then look at the pair of Corsair units. Silverstone's Gold rated (avoid the bronze rated units) SFX psu's are ok but they can be noisey under load. I don't rate any of BeQuiet's SFX/SFX-L units. The bronze rated SFX units are mediocre at best and the new Gold rated SFX-L units suffer from ripple and need unrestricted airflow or they run hot and noisey due to the tiny heatsinks they have used. Silverstone's and BeQuiet's SFX-L psu's only have a tight fisted 3 year warranty which for the prices they are asking is disgraceful when the likes of the Corsair SFX units have 7 years.

Soldato
A decent 450-550w psu would be more than enough. If you want the very best SFX units then look at the pair of Corsair units. Silverstone's Gold rated (avoid the bronze rated units) SFX psu's are ok but they can be noisey under load. I don't rate any of BeQuiet's SFX/SFX-L units. The bronze rated SFX units are mediocre at best and the new Gold rated SFX-L units suffer from ripple and need unrestricted airflow or they run hot and noisey due to the tiny heatsinks they have used. Silverstone's and BeQuiet's SFX-L psu's only have a tight fisted 3 year warranty which for the prices they are asking is disgraceful when the likes of the Corsair SFX units have 7 years.

the OP was looking at mine in the MM which is this..

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £104.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

Back
Top Bottom