Mic for streaming on laptop

Associate
hello guys I would like to start streaming on twitch and have a few questions I’m Interested in the Modmic 5 with a good headset or the Blur yeti.The yeti would be sitting on the left of my laptop so woulfnthe sound be good as I would not be facing it directly? Another question will I be able to talk to chat and Ingame if i have either of these?

Soldato
Blue Yeti would be better quality for streaming. Modmic is a good microphone, but is really a microphone for voice chat. Yeti is a better quality microphone more aimed for recording purposes.

Another thing to take into consideration; is the quality of the onboard audio the laptop has, which will be used if getting a Modmic. It will likely be better on a gaming laptop than it will on a budget one for example. The Yeti, being USB, has it's own sound processing and doesn't use onoard audio.

If you're going to use the microphone for both streaming and in game voice chat, then the Modmic might fare better for voice chat. Being close to mouth, will likely stand a better chance of not picking up unwanted keyboard and mouse noise. That said; people do use the Yeti for game streaming. There is mostly likely a way to position and set it up, so keyboard and mouse noise is minimised. If it picked up everything, I doubt streamers would use it.

Associate
OP
thx for the response marsman for the modmic i would be using the antlion usb soundcard so it should sound better. My only quirk for the yeti is that it would be on my left side so i wanted to know if it would still pick up my voice.

Soldato
Are we talking to the left and in front, or more directly to the left?

If directly to your left, then I can't see why it wouldn't work fine, as you'd have it angled towards you. I would imagine distance would be more of a factor than whether the microphone is directly in front, to the left or to the right. Close and to the left shouldn't have too much impact I wouldn't have thought.

The Yeti is about three times as expensive though at around £120, whereas the Modmic is about £40. I suppose how much audio quality you want for streaming comes into it. Unless you are aiming for high quality, the Modmic might do the job you need.

Back
Top Bottom