Recommend me some trance?

Soldato
One of my favourite sets is Lab4 live at The Fridge!
Went to a few Lab4 sets incl. The Fridge. I remember initially thinking Lab4 were a bit too mental for me after listening to Soulfire from the album Virus courtesy of my brother, however I grew to like them. More so the fluffier Concept of Love which was my all-time fav. Probably worth mentioning Tin Rib and Weirdo who played at Superfish @ The Fridge. Might have to dig the vinyl out next weekend :)

Soldato
Went to a few Lab4 sets incl. The Fridge. I remember initially thinking Lab4 were a bit too mental for me after listening to Soulfire from the album Virus courtesy of my brother, however I grew to like them. More so the fluffier Concept of Love which was my all-time fav. Probably worth mentioning Tin Rib and Weirdo who played at Superfish @ The Fridge. Might have to dig the vinyl out next weekend :)

I was the same until I saw them live for the first time and they blew me away! I've been trying to sort some of my old vinyl since I moved, got some fantastic tunes in there I haven't heard in ages.

Soldato
Stumbled on Plastic Boy while browsing some tunes on YouTube. Ended up downloading the album from iTunes. This track is getting a bit of attention in my play list. Some nice hints of Goa in there.

Man of Honour
Going back through some of the Oakenfold stuff - I'd forgotten about this one:

Some might prefer the melodic version as per the Oakenfold mix.

Associate

ain't gotta clue what a p3 sequencer is but this is sublime risky business obviously also reminds me of blade runner for some reason.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
also reminds me of blade runner for some reason.

There is a link there Tangerine Dream and Vangelis who scored the original Blade Runner theme were both early adopters of the same synthesiser tech and you can hear the signature sound in works of both (they've also other connections to Vangelis).

TG created a lot of good music - they have tracks that sound like a lot of stuff that has come since - not necessarily copying or inspired by their work but they pioneered a lot of techniques, etc.

Last edited:
Associate
@Rroff knew there was a link somewhere for me TD and jean Michelle jarre the founders of trance perhaps ?? grew up in the 80s this was my tune then still got the tape somewhere :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally got round to doing Trance Trip #2

https://soundcloud.com/paul-mccaw-717801793/dj-subby-trance-trip-2

1. Solarstone & Basil O'Glue - Infatuation (Extended mix)
2. Veracocha - Carte Blanche (original mix)
3. Andy Ling - Fixation (Airwave Remix)
4. Push - The Legacy
5. Yves Deruyter - To the Rhythm (Signum mix)
6. The Quest - C Sharpe
7. Matt Darey - Liberation - (Fly like an angel remix)
8. Peran Van Dijk - Good Time (Original mix)
9. Eye to Eye - Just can't get enough (Lange remix)
10. Factor B - Sacrsanct (Pure trance recordings mix)
11. Feel feat. Johnny Norberg - The Razor (UCast extended mix)

Feedback welcome

Done on Virtual DJ Pro so it's a little rough around the edges - No proper turntables

Soldato
^^ 2001 was a great time to be clubbing (although London for me). 414 (anyone on here go to nuclear free zone?), The Fridge (Samsara), Brixton Academy. Good times. No super DJs, just lots and lots of dirty trance, hard house and wicked people.
Speaking of which. Remember this being played at 00:00 NYE 1999/2000. The night was called **** the millennium. Think it was in Dalston!

My second home was the 414 and went to fridge, chunnel club etc. 414 still was until about 4 years ago when we had a kid. Still pop in now and again if I'm up that way and someone I know is putting on a party. They've battled and won 3 court cases to get shut down and converted in to flats or some other gentrified eatery.

I was lucky enough to return to all these clubs a few years later from 2004 onwards to dj. To play alongside some of my heroes like John 00 Fleming, Nick Sentience, Andy Farley, Ian Betts, K90 and many others was a privilege.

Having babies kills your memories too, totally forgot to celebrate our 10 year anniversary of our track we released in late 2007 which got picked up by Daniel Kandi and remixed which Armin van Buuren then played for months after. It got tune of the week and future favourite in successive weeks. That was an awesome achievement.

I haven't done a mix for several years but I'm itching to reignite and bring my boy up using the technology now. He only ever listens to house and trance in the car so he's growing up with it.

Soldato
A State Of Trance #326
Episode 326 November 15, 2007
1. Genix Presents – Stay With Me (Damion Powell remix)
2. Lens – Beyond the Shadows (Moonbeam remix)
3. Fragma – Toca Me (In Petto 2008 remix)
4. First State – Half Light (from the album Time Frame) (Black Hole)
5. Gerry Menu – Pay & Lay
6. Junkie XL – **** More (Matthew Dekay remix)
7. Marcus Schossow – Swedish Beatballs
8. Sied van Riel – Sinner in Heaven (Spinnin)
9. Tranquility Base – Buzz (Breakfast remix) (Anjunabeats)
10. Joshua Cunningham – Simplicity (KYR Recordings)
11. Orjan vs Octagen – Lost Once (Octagen remix)
12. FUTURE FAVORITE: Aly & Fila – Lost Language
13. Hollow Hope – Reconceal
14. Cosmic Gate – Body of Conflict (FNP Mash Up)
15. TUNE OF THE WEEK: Luke Warner & Mat Lock – Deep Psychosis (Daniel Kandis Cure mix)
16. Nuvise vs Static Blue – Fallout (Ian Betts remix)
17. Andy Blueman – Nyctalopia (Club mix)
18. Paul Miller – Memories of Love (Offshore)
19. RST – Stormbound (Spinnin)
20. ASOT Radio Classic: System F – Out of The Blue (Tsunami)

Cant believe this is almost 11 years old already. I really need to get in studio with Luke and make an anniversary remix bundle.

Back
Top Bottom