Need a new SSD 500gb or 1tb

Associate
So I have a 256gb M2 for Windows and a 500gb ssd for other stuff. I only use my PC for games and until now I’ve had enough space but the 500gb was full and I had to uninstall some games which I would rather not have to do in the future.

So looking into a new Sata ssd but torn between another 500gb for around £80-90 or go for the 1tb at £180-190. Was thinking the 500gb then just having 1 for steam and the other for other games. I normally only have 4-5 games I playing at one time.

Also anyone got any views on the Team Group L5 lite 1tb currently £150 so cheaper then then normal Samsung Evo I buy.

Soldato
It's always nicer to have the extra space (as SSD's slow down as they get fuller) though only you can judge if that space will be worth the extra or ever get used.

The EVO is popular for good reason but in truth there is little difference in the SSD's made by established companies. Also consider the Crucial MX500.

Associate
OP
Yeah I just stumped up the money for the Evo 860 1tb. I’ve got about 130gb free now on the old one but still have new Battlefield and Fallout to add so going to run out of room again very soon.

Will transfer the games to the new 1tb and have the 500gb for other stuff.

Soldato
I would have got the 1TB myself but it's not my money. ;) I have a similar setup as well with OS on a 256Mb and a 1TB SSD for games. I've got a couple spare 500GB SSD that I use now and again for various things but like you I only have a few games that I play so the 1TB is ample - for now. ;)

Back
Top Bottom