is the Aerocool CS-102 a good case to work in?

Soldato
this one for those that might not know.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £33.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

i just ordered it through prime , i like Aerocool stuff, but i do wonder how good some of their cases are, so have i made a good purchase?

its not going to have a gaming system inside it, but i figured it was better to buy this brand than a CiT model for similar price ha...

Soldato
pretty much the same as CiT... will be thin flexible steel, possibly bad motherboard fixing, not much cable management room and looks like finger print magnet on the front. Will be fine as long your not cramming it full of high end components, and it will be light as a feather

Soldato
OP
thanks for replies.

yeah thats fair enough, i dont expect too much from cheap cases like this, that SFF one i currently have seems of good quality and wasnt much more in price, but anyways the case arrived today and its a lot smaller than i thought for an M-atx case, the top does attract finger prints, i havent taken the film off the front yet, ive had CiT cases and other cheap cases of lesser brands, so im not bothered about that, as for the cable management it does seem fair for what it is.

well the idea was to get this case and build a general system inside it for my mums partner to try out over his aging q6600 xps 420, but as the case is so small it will fit nicely on my desk like my slim case does, so im going to cram my system inside it with the addition of an atx psu of course, so aside from maybe changing gpu again, nothing high end will be in it really lol.

Soldato
OP
okay cool thanks for that, i wont be changing cases again after this as this will suit me just fine, but that sort of case be ideal to build in for a family friend who likes atx size cases(less bending down to power on etc lol).

Soldato
OP
heres a pic i took at the time, the only cable management is a channel to the right of the motherboard, there is no real space behind the motherboard area

thanks for reply. since i made this thread i have been using the case and my cable management is nowhere near as neat as yours, but working for me lol and i see you mouted your hdd different..

79XtpoR.jpg

as nice as that is, too big for my liking, this cs101 is a bit small in the sense of the gpu options, its only 1mm more than my elite 110 cube, so i am thinking of finding a similar size case that has more space for longer cards.

this is my setup and this is what i like, so any new case has to fit within the dimensions of my desk, dont want anything on the floor anymore

KOXSaUp.jpg

this case has caught my eye, but i think it be too big for my desk.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £60.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Soldato
looks fine, it would always be tight. remember I put a MATX motherboard in an ATX case, and only one hard drive. that gives a bit more space. Worth getting some assorted cable ties, as you can really pull the cables out the way and tight together. your cpu has a clear run to the exhaust fan , so all good

Soldato
OP
thanks for reply.

yeah ive decided to hold on to the case for now as its just right for what i want plus ive got to stop spending so much money on computer bits lol.

theres a bit more airflow in this with my cables like that than i had in my elite 110 which also had 2 hdds on top and a single ssd on the side where as this time for now its a 2 drive system, but yeah i do need tidy them up a bit more, sort of used those little black things that you might get cables tied up with from shop and sort of tucked some cabling behind the cage, it wasnt the best angle to take the pic, it was running and sie panel with fan was against the wall.

as for the cable amount, i have the CPU, motherboard, at least one sata and the molex for the standard case fan(added a new one to the panel which is 3 pin unlike stock one), i think you might think its a lot with how the design is because while im not sure on all modular units, the motherboard cable has 2 plugs for the unit itself. i quickly put it all in so i could setup and use it, once i change my gpu i will do a better job.

Associate
pretty much the same as CiT... will be thin flexible steel, possibly bad motherboard fixing, not much cable management room and looks like finger print magnet on the front. Will be fine as long your not cramming it full of high end components, and it will be light as a feather

lol could not agree more!

Soldato
OP
this thread is old now in terms of date i posted, but funny the CiT brand were mentioned and me saying i will put the case on hold, i took delivery of this friday and built my system in to it yesterday, still a mess with the cables :rolleyes:, but fed most of them through the cable tidy holes and all cables are clear of the fans.

wpNKYeb.jpg

HBtKHk0.jpg

H898JXX.jpg

sBdyWaL.jpg

CiT F3, it was £28 with prime, so not much more than what the cs-102 is now, but much better case, i would say the led fans are quiet, but my artic fan ive installed is louder to notice lol, keeping my aerocool as a spare, but im liking this nice budget cases.

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom