What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I am looking at starting Fringe - heard so many good things, but never got around to it!

Season 1 is very monster of the week and I struggled to get into it multiple times. However power through and it hits it's stride seasons 2/3 then drops off in quality. The less said about season 5 the better.

Walter Bishop is amazing though, he comes out with some cracking lines and some of the things he gets up to in the lull between stories had me chuckling a fair few times.

Associate
Just finished Killing Eve which we loved.

Fancied something different so we started 'The Good Place' last night; 20 minute episodes and some pretty funny dark humour/ one-liners made for easy watching.

Soldato
Mmmmmm, so with all the good tv out there, should i give Fringe a miss?

"Season 1 is good, 2 and 3 are some of my favourite TV ever, 4 has it's moments, 5 is a joke!"

Not good :(

Soldato

"Season 1 is good, 2 and 3 are some of my favourite TV ever, 4 has it's moments, 5 is a joke!"

I'd still say yes, definitely. Taken as a whole it is still one of my favourite shows ever. Saying season 4 had its moments is a bit harsh actually. It is very good, it just had a premise that I wasn't hoping for and it took me a while to get in to it, especially as season 3 was so excellent(still possibly my favourite season of anything ever)

Season 5 is not great though... But saying that, a mate of mine still insists it is amazing.

Soldato

Try and find a summary video for season 1, watch the final few episodes and dive right into season 2. Then stop at 4 as there isn't a season 5.

No...there isn't.

Soldato
Try and find a summary video for season 1, watch the final few episodes and dive right into season 2. Then stop at 4 as there isn't a season 5.

No...there isn't.

I disagree mate. Season 1 is still definitely worth watching. Some really good episodes.

As for season 5...Well, it looked interesting on paper!

Last edited:
Soldato
I disagree mate. Season 1 is still definitely worth watching. Some really good episodes.

As for season 5...Well, it looked interesting on paper!

As I mentioned above this morning, it took about 3/4 attempts for me to get through season 1 so I'm a bit down on it. However having re-read a few synopsis, there are some cracking episodes amidst the rest.

Soldato
Big Mouth on Netflix

Just finished S1 in time for S2 to drop today.

It's an adult cartoon set in the lives of pubescent teens entering the world of relationships and sex. It's seriously good, very perceptive and aware.

Soldato
I just finished watching Bodyguard. It was a mixed bag - the first three episodes were excellent, as good as a TV drama gets. Great pacing, suspense and intrigue. But the last three were mediocre, feeling rushed, convoluted and with some very dodgy acting.

Soldato
Fringe: S1, Ep 1 watched (1hr 20mins). Excellent, really enjoyed it and didn't realise it was JJ Abrams - think i've just found my new tv show.

"How long's he been dead?"

"5hrs"

"Question him"

Wtf? :eek:

Soldato
I'm off sick this week, so just finished binge watching Fringe S1. Didn't enjoy the "Freak of the Week" episodes as it seems to be just a newer version of X-Files. However, i understand that this brings and shows us Walter's work and his involvement etc.

I am really enjoying the sci-fi element/background to the alternate world(s). I am hoping this will be the main focus of the remaining seasons. Explosive start to S2 (delayed traffic collision ;))

Was a bit pee'd off at the beginning of the final episode where it mentioned who the guest star was, i was like "ah! He will be playing..........". However, come the end of the episode i had forgotten that and so it was a nice surprise :D

Oh and Dunham's sister is annoying, she reminds me of Skyler in Breaking Bad. Hopefully, she either goes away or there is more to her..................

Back
Top Bottom