*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
I've never liked Mega Man games. They always felt janky to me and the demo didn't manage to change my opinion about the series.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't fussed on the MM11 demo either.

I've got Dark Souls on digital pre-order but apart from that I am just going to put new releases on my wishlist and try to complete my backlog before I buy anything else. It is ridiculous the amount of games that I want on the eShop and it just gets worse every week.

Man of Honour
I wasn't fussed on the MM11 demo either.

I've got Dark Souls on digital pre-order but apart from that I am just going to put new releases on my wishlist and try to complete my backlog before I buy anything else. It is ridiculous the amount of games that I want on the eShop and it just gets worse every week.

I add all games that I'm interested in to my wishlist, and then only buy them when they are 40% or more off.

Associate
Peripherals question - what are you guys using for 'on the go' charging of the switch? I travel a lot and want something that is less bulky than the stock charger, which I want to leave at home.

I always carry usb-a chargers for the phome and thought to just get a usb-a to usb-c cable, but I have been totally confused by the various articles around usb-c, cable resistance and amperage. I have seen Usb a to c cables and 1.5v chargers in the usual high street stores that are cheap and made me nervous...

What secondary chargers have worked best in your experience? Should I just get Nintendo's branded charger?

Soldato
Any 10W charger and an A>C cable works. I just use the A>C cable that came with the pro controller but any high quality cable designed for charging from the likes of Anker will work.

I just use either a phone/tablet charger or my laptop power brick which has a USB A charging port on it depending on if I have the laptop with me or not. No need to carry round special chargers.

Soldato
A more modern SoC plus a larger, higher resolution screen in the same form factor would be very nice :D There's a lot of unnecessary bezel on the current model.

Caporegime
Do people really feel the need for a higher res screen?

Honestly I think the screen as it is is perfect. Plus a higher res screen means more powe required to push th pixels, and ultimately struggles to improve battery time as well.

Caporegime
Do people really feel the need for a higher res screen?

Honestly I think the screen as it is is perfect. Plus a higher res screen means more powe required to push th pixels, and ultimately struggles to improve battery time as well.

Much rather have the same res with an OLED panel and beefier hardware.

Soldato
Interesting. I've sat on my hands for a Switch for so long but if I'm honest; I'd prefer a slimmer footprint and a change in controller type/layout at the expense of a smaller OLED screen at 720p. Another year to wait though ... ugh ....

Caporegime
The controllers wont change, they're well embedded into many of Nintendos IPs which take advantage of them. So I would forget that. :)

Slimmer footprint? I doubt, but anything is possible.

Back
Top Bottom