Dirt Rally 2.0

Soldato
there was no VR for Dirt rally till later in development. so dont write it off yet.

Though no party involved confirmed it, It's reasonable to assume that Sony and Oculus funded the VR development that was implemented later down the line. Basing my assumption on the exclusivity of both platforms, and the non appearance on the openVR market.

While the revelation from the Codemasters spokesperson will disappoint many (certainly in the simulation market they claim to marketing at), Dirt Rally and it's wonderful VR experience doesn't go away.

Soldato
Soldato
Petitions aren't very effective, you'll need the colour of money to turn the suits at CM.

A crowd funding goal would be more effective, id donate if there's a commitment to make it happen.

Caporegime
OP
people think its just oh tweak it and add VR the price is probably between 100,000 -200,000 to implement it properly. so obviously i think they seeing how many want it before deciding. similar to how it went for dirt rally . it wasnt implemented for that until later in the game.

Soldato
If they were starting from scratch then I could see it costing that much in man hours, but the ground work was done so to speak with DR1 so I'd expect it should be easier to implement this time around.

Anyway, as long as it's basically DR1 + more stages then I'll be more than happy.

Caporegime
OP
im just stating what a dev said. it could be less. i hope people get VR . i personally dont use it but i know a lot want it for Dirt Rally 2.0.

Associate
It's bound to have VR, if not day one it would be shortly after. You don't slaughter a cash cow.

I think I will get it day one anyway in an effort to get top of the leader boards, at least before Dg learns the tracks :p

Back
Top Bottom