Airfix

Soldato
I had some of these too. But had pretty bad survival rate.

I think a lot of people want to collect toys from their youth and they are getting rare as WWII and these kinda toys are no longer of interest to recent generations of kids.

Soldato
The Assault Amphibious Vehicle (AAV)—official designation AAV-P7/A1 (formerly known as Landing Vehicle, Tracked, Personnel-7 abbr. LVTP-7)—is a fully tracked amphibious landing vehicle manufactured by U.S. Combat Systems (previously by United Defense, a former division of FMC Corporation).

The AAV-P7/A1 is the current amphibious troop transport of the United States Marine Corps. It is used by U.S. Marine Corps Assault Amphibian Battalions to land the surface assault elements of the landing force and their equipment in a single lift from assault shipping during amphibious operations to inland objectives and to conduct mechanized operations and related combat support in subsequent mechanized operations ashore. It is also operated by other forces. Marines call them "amtracks," a shortening of their original designation, "amphibious tractor."

Source: wikipedia

Kit manufacture: Hobbyboss
Kit number: 82413
Scale : 1/35
Type: AAVP 7A1 Assult Amphibious Vehicle
Extras: Fruil Model Metal Tracks
Paints: Tamiya.
Weathering: 502 Abteilung starship Filth as a pin wash, flory dirt pigments.

pLkC6CF.jpg

LJ64cCL.jpg

w22aIiy.jpg

iYtQpn4.jpg

dBxFr5b.jpg

F8T7Bvx.jpg

5Km7BGZ.jpg

bJZzjfn.jpg

pQSAd46.jpg

vjuExuA.jpg

PYA6u7a.jpg

FD02Ygk.jpg

bynlyHX.jpg

ACnGXJg.jpg

7Yxhrgi.jpg

USlTVYw.jpg

BysNKTO.jpg

pSV1rGd.jpg

Soldato
The latest Airfix model World is out and I have my build of the Revell 1/48 Tornado F.3 featured.

KRpS609.jpg

Featuring:

Intermediate Build – 75 Years of ‘Semper Aggressus’
Toby Page builds Revell’s new 1/48 Tornado F.3 as 23 Squadron’s 75th anniversary airframe, adding minor corrections along the way.

Intermediate Build – Henschel’s Hauler
Truck time! Revell’s 1/35 Henchel Typ 33 D1 load carrier receives a full cargo, courtesy of Johan Augustsson.

Out and About – New Town Gathering
IPMS Milton Keynes held its annual ModelKraft show in late April, and Dave Oliver sampled the kit-based delights on display.

Out and About – West Country Classic
Buckler’s Mead Academy in Yeovil played host to the local club’s inaugural model show, and Malcolm V Lowe was there to view its success.

Intermediate Build – Putin’s Platypus
In his AMW debut, Mike Williams tackles Trumpeter’s 1/72 Su-34 Fullback.

Out and About – Southern Showcase
Malcolm V Lowe found many modelling treats at the Poole Vikings show.

Basic Build – Beauty Meets the Beast
Chris Jones has bags of fun with Airfix's re-issued 1/48 Spitfire Mk.22/24.

In Focus – Four-Gun Conclusion
Spitfire Mk.22/24 variants are described by Malcolm V Lowe.

Intermediate Build – Snow Leopard
Modelcollect has made a name for itself with 1/72 armour, and Massimo Santarossa discovers the pros and cons of its diminutive T-80.

Advanced Build – Golden Age Gaul
Mike Grant brings much colour to bear with SBS Model’s 1/72 Farman F.190.

Intermediate Build – Before the Stuka…
GasPatch Models wowed many with its 1/48 Henschel Hs 123A-1, and Jay Blakemore is more than impressed by its quality.

In Focus – Dive-bombing Debut
Jay Blakemore documents the Hs 123’s brief service with the Luftwaffe.

and much more!

Pick up your copy now, direct from www.airfixmodelworld.com or in leading newsagents.

Soldato
1/35 Hobbyboss French Saint-Chamond Heavy Tank Medium.

The Saint-Chamond, named after the commune of Saint-Chamond, was the second French heavy tank of the First World War, with 400 manufactured from April 1917 to July 1918. Although not a tank by the present-day definition, it is generally accepted and described as such in accounts of early tank development. Born of the commercial rivalry existing with the makers of the Schneider CA1 tank, the Saint-Chamond was an underpowered and fundamentally inadequate design. Its principal weakness was the Holt "caterpillar" tracks. They were much too short in relation to the vehicle's length and heavy weight (23 tons). Later models attempted to rectify some of the tank's original flaws by installing wider and stronger track shoes, thicker frontal armour and the more effective 75mm Mle 1897 field gun. Altogether 400 Saint-Chamond tanks were built including 48 unarmed caisson tanks. The Saint-Chamond tanks remained engaged in various actions until October 1918, belatedly becoming more effective since combat had moved out of the trenches and onto open ground. Eventually the Saint-Chamond tanks were scheduled to be entirely replaced by imported British heavy tanks.

• Kit manufacture: Hobbyboss
  • Kit number: 83859
  • Scale : 1/35
  • Type: French Saint-Chamond Heavy Tank Medium.
  • Extras: OOB
  • Paints: MIG Ammo French tank colours Paint set (A MIG 7110), Tamiya XF-84 Dark Iron.
  • Weathering: Various oil paints for filter, Flory models medium and light earth pigments, Mig Ammo track wash, MIG ammo stone grey for pin wash, AK's rust streaks and AK's rainmarks for nato tanks.

KroiN7g.jpg

CVnKSeG.jpg

qdHnP4i.jpg

85bAWVK.jpg

TRKd1ex.jpg

oBRvwCk.jpg

GFvSbVL.jpg

vnd42tS.jpg

SozsTSZ.jpg

Afe7af0.jpg

uE35ku7.jpg

D4dqz6A.jpg

ww68hx0.jpg

hJKOQY5.jpg

Soldato
1/35 ICM T34/76 1943 Early Production

The T-34 is a Soviet medium tank that had a profound and lasting effect on the field of tank design. At its introduction, the T-34 possessed an unprecedented combination of firepower, mobility, protection and ruggedness. Its 76.2 mm (3 in) high-velocity tank gun provided a substantial increase in firepower over any of its contemporaries; its well-sloped armour was difficult to penetrate by most contemporary anti-tank weapons. When it was first encountered in 1941, German general Paul Ludwig Ewald von Kleist called it "the finest tank in the world" and Heinz Guderian affirmed the T-34's "vast superiority" over existing German armour of the period. Although its armour and armament were surpassed later in the war, it has often been credited as the most effective, efficient and influential tank design of the Second World War.

Kit manufacture: ICM
Kit number: 35365
Scale : 1/35
Type: T34/76 1943 Early Production
Extras: Fruil Model Metal Tracks
Paints: Tamiya.
Weathering: AK/MIG.

9fkxJqW.jpg

X5PdyLs.jpg

stSflzA.jpg

NDQM0zQ.jpg

Tbx8VTa.jpg

AN3i7dI.jpg

DUaBCiq.jpg

RHtQv4S.jpg

wzXsI09.jpg

73ebLzU.jpg

0Rlbc3q.jpg

T9s1wOf.jpg

ZWnw6Kh.jpg

cj4ZWth.jpg

NI0gCca.jpg

TXa9nzI.jpg

5dnXMst.jpg

CmOaUXu.jpg

AQT2pe2.jpg

5duekkB.jpg

Caporegime
@plasmahal

Brilliantly done as always mate. You can seriously churn them out at a rate!

Question for you, when it comes to military kits, tanks and military vehicles in particular, who would you rate highest overall in terms of part quality, instructions, fit, customer service (spare parts)?

Soldato
@plasmahal

Brilliantly done as always mate. You can seriously churn them out at a rate!

Question for you, when it comes to military kits, tanks and military vehicles in particular, who would you rate highest overall in terms of part quality, instructions, fit, customer service (spare parts)?

Really difficult as it depends on what kits i have built (never need spares for example) and how old some kits are (1970's Tamiya.

I'd say, modern Tamiya, Takom, Meng, Dragon. Then hobbyboss, trumpeter, ICM and Zvezda.

Soldato
The BAC Jet Provost is a British jet trainer aircraft that was in use with the Royal Air Force (RAF) from 1955 to 1993. It was originally developed by Hunting Percival from the earlier piston engine-powered Percival Provost basic trainer, and later produced by the British Aircraft Corporation (BAC). In addition to the multiple RAF orders, the Jet Provost, sometimes with light armament, was exported to many air forces worldwide. The design was also further developed into a more heavily armed ground attack variant under the name BAC Strikemaster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAC_Jet_Provost

Kit manufacture: Airfix
Kit number: A55116
Scale : 1/72
Type: Jet Provost T4
Extras: OOB
Paints: MRP Signal Red, Tamiya NATO Black.

Weathering: Flory models dark dirt wash.

xo3wxUf.jpg

VrlrZVb.jpg

ahgVXYX.jpg

V6gknVa.jpg

eYOyq4A.jpg

umaX1hw.jpg

Dq78OwQ.jpg

iUv80QH.jpg

9vz419t.jpg

5MLNdUm.jpg

6h2ESGh.jpg

Associate
Kept all all of them so far, including the ones supplied and built for model magazines.

HI plas, could you recommend me a Mark v landship tank i could buy please, i fancy doing a diorama with this tank in, i seen some mind blowing diorama sets at a recent model show i went to near me, they where really awesome.

I know i can do it had a lot of practice from my model railway ;)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom