Time to replace my hp 4100 laser printer

Soldato
Hi guys I need some advice on a replacement for my hp 4100.
I was going to replace it a few months back when it ran out of toner but was told to keep and just replace the toner, so i replaced it but if ive been having a few problems since, now i need to open and close the toner door a few time each time I print, it also give me a non hp toner issue,

now for the past month or two ive been getting a lot of different errors and print failed issues, from the errors and online I think it may be the network card but i cant be sure, at this point I dont really know what to do even if i get a new card I may still get issues.

its a great printer but its getting a little old and giving me a few issues.

should I replace it or keep it ?
If replace what would be a good choice and

What laser printer could i get that will be as decent and with a toner that will last as long ?

Associate
You could remove the network card and clean the contacts, over time even with gold contacts there can be dirt/dust etc, with the toner errors there are chips you can buy quite cheap for most hp toner cartridges, I tried some for my colour HP laser that worked fine.
Edit to add also remove the memory and clean that, there are some printers on fleebay the same model as yours with limited warranty and toner for just over £100.
I have a HP LaserJet P3015 mono printer i bought there a couple of years ago its been rock solid so far i use it every day almost.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You could remove the network card and clean the contacts, over time even with gold contacts there can be dirt/dust etc, with the toner errors there are chips you can buy quite cheap for most hp toner cartridges, I tried some for my colour HP laser that worked fine.
Edit to add also remove the memory and clean that, there are some printers on fleebay the same model as yours with limited warranty and toner for just over £100.
I have a HP LaserJet P3015 mono printer i bought there a couple of years ago its been rock solid so far i use it every day almost.
Thanks, How should i clean the contacts ?

Associate
I used to use one of those Glass Fibre Scratch Pencil's you can get them on fleebay for about £2.50 but you could just reinsert the board and memory a couple of times, those pens are abrasive and you just need to run it over the contacts gently a couple of times so not to rub off the gold plating.
Looking at the jetdirect card in that printer i think it would be better to just reinsert it a few times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom