*****Virgin Australia Supercars Championship 2018*****

Soldato
OP
Enduro season is here at last! :D First race is Sandown!

D3vx9ar.jpg
uX59uyl.jpg

That's how it stacks up track wise. I'm just watching the worlds most confusing qualifying session and I'll give my thoughts later! Anyone braving the early start for the race? :)

Soldato
If you do race 1 is the business! :D

The actual race was kinda dull tbh!
Yeah, I thought McLaughlin was going to jump towards the front as he was carrying a lot more fuel at the mid part of the race but it all came to nothing. Ford really need to figure out where they're going wrong. A 1-2-3 from your rival at a 500km race is not good.

I'm away for the Bathurst weekend but I'm going to try and sneak away and watch as much as possible.

Soldato
Just caught up with the bend and Sandown over the last weekend.

Sandown was a bit disappointing for the full race although the 2 qualifiers were brilliant. Really hoping Ford come up with some new homologation panels for bathurst otherwise it's gonna be a red bull show.

Associate
Now that Motorsport UK TV has gone online only (and no V8 Supercars), what's the best way to watch live? I'd hoped to watch Bathurst live but no chance, they're on Freesports sometimes but usually only highlights.
How are you guys wtching?

Soldato
Just watched qualifying first dry session they've had this weekend. Top 10 should be fun tomorrow morning. Not sure on the forecast. Although doesn't matter at bathurst it soon changes!

Soldato
Best track ;)

Cold overnight and warming up in the afternoon, light wind and almost no chance of rain.

If watching live tomorrow, the hour changes (goes forward) overnight in NSW.

Soldato
Amazing top 10 shootout! Erebus flying! Thought de pasquale had it,amazing lap by him and Reynolds. Did not expect whincup up there after his first sector time. That red bull flew down the mountain.

Love watching the inboard shot through the dipper. Scary as hell.

Think I won't be watching until Monday so will be avoiding this thread like the plague.

Soldato
All watched now!

We've been spoiled for the last few years with lots of late incidents. Another great race, always good to see how the different strategies play out.

real shame for Reynolds hopefully he's OK I saw hes going to get properly checked out this week. Hope he can be in the fight for gold Coast.

Lowndes and Richards drove flawlessly. Came down to them having a completely clean race on the tracks and in the pits. Whincup and dumbrells recovery was probably the drive of the race.strategically as well as driving. Very lucky that wheel didn't hurt anyone. I almost got caught by a wheel like that at brands when I was 4 somehow bounced over me and smashed a motorbike helmet about 5 yards behind me before bouncing off to safety.

Going to be a good end to the season with svg and mclaughlin now nice and close. [/spoiler"]

Soldato
Good first race. Thought dumbell was lucky to get away with that touch on premat early on. Fair play to Lowndes and Richards drove amazingly all day.

Red bull really dropped the ball today. Think that is probably their biggest mistake in the years I've been watching supercars. They're usually so slick.

Back
Top Bottom