Small case for MATX board, Full height GPU and ATX PSU

Soldato
Hi

Ive got a few components lying around and id like to make use of them so I want to build them in to a media player/streamer.

The trouble is I want it to fit in a space that's 200 H x 400 W x 350 D The depth isn't critical as it could overhang the shelf a little if required. I dont want anything high end either so im hoping to spend around £40

I cant seem to find any cases that fit the bill can anyone help?

Thanks
Scott

Associate
Corsair 280x. Recently bought one and very happy with it. My only gripe is that I've had to take the front air filter out (if was bending with the front casing on) and blutack it to the rear of the fans.

Actually prefer it anyway as it means I can see the LED fans better through the tempered glass without the dust filter.

No idea if it fits your required dimensions but it certainly fits mATX, full length GPU and an ATX PSU.

Soldato
i know they dont sell them on here or anything from the brand, but i rebuilt my system earlier into a Cit F3 M-atx case i got from the zon yesterday, it seems a nice case, has blue led fans and was under £30, like all cases you can damage them easily if you put thing in wrong iike me :rolleyes:, but its well worth the money for what it is and quality seems that bit better than other Cit cases ive had, how many drives do you need?

or via this site then how about the Aerocool cs-102? its smaller than the F3, fits on a table nicely, i have both cases, but the F3 has better space for my gpu, i also have the AC cs-101 which is the slim line, longer, but can be laid flat, suppose it would depend on what hardware you putting inside.. i have a basic AM1 setup in my elite 110 cube thats tiny for shelving, but itx, can get an M-atx version though.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies i forgot about this post TBH :)

The Corsair is over budget but thanks anyway.

I did look at the CS-101 but it needs a SFX PSU and only supports low profile graphics cards.

I ended up going for AVP Hyperion EV33B. Its bigger than i wanted but i dont think a case exists that ticked all my boxes unfortunately.

Thanks
Scott

Soldato
The CiT Barricade meets these requirements nicely. Might be useful for anyone else reading this thread :)

It's just a hair over 35cm tall when stood on its feet, but well within the other two dimensions. Quite impressed with the quality for the price ( <£25 ), no sharp edges and decent black coating. I was able to build a very silent machine into it.

It has a really cool swinging panel to mount drives onto, which is how it's so small - no drive cages to speak of.

Back
Top Bottom