Curious

Soldato
I recently attended a World War 2 reenactment and found a number of photographers carrying light stands with strobes and diffusers about the place seemingly at risk of creating a hazard, not only to their equipment, but to the huge amounts of people trudging about the place. I just couldn't understand their reasoning given the circumstances and that a lot of what they were trying to achieve could be added in post? There were a few hundred people on a railway platform and there they were, running up and down and in between people with their light stands and diffusers like there was no tomorrow.
Has anybody else experienced this or something similar?

Caporegime
Depending on how they're trying to control the light, this could be perfectly normal.

The reasoning? It's always better to control the light and exposure at the time of shot Vs adding/removing in post processing.

Soldato
OP
I suppose that's fair enough. It just seemed a bit manic to have to navigate the sheer amounts of people leaving and entering the train with a light stand when to me it may have been more practical to have used a cord. I wondered whether or not they were letting their enthusiasm get the better of themselves, which I'm sure we all have at times.

Back
Top Bottom