Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Associate
I’ve played a couple of hours of it and I’m enjoying it so far. The game looks great and the world is a fair size. You seem to get to make a lot of decisions as well, it’ll be interesting to see how they affect the game as I play through.

Caporegime
I wasn't particularly interested in this because it looks so samey to Origins, but I loved that game so I guess it's no bad thing, plus reviews are very good.

I'll probably cave and get it.

Soldato
Well, that kick is seriously both awesome and hilarious:p

Really liking the game, just like I liked Origins, may not be perfect but I'm just a sucker for such settings/time periods and Ubi are the best in the business when it comes to that.

Soldato
I've got £45 in Amazon credit.

Text books, or Assassin's Creed. Hmmm. Time for some man maths. As the text books are cheaper second hand on eBay, technically I'd be saving money by spending the vouchers on AC. Right? :p

Probably not completely untrue. AC would likely be worth more 2nd hand than the text books.

Soldato
OP
What a cool week. Forza Horizon 4 and this. Forza is brilliant, and for once lives up to the hype I hope this does. Never completed an Assassins Creed game since Black Flag, and the boats in this look amazing, loads of depth in your crew and stuff. The size of game worlds put me off sometimes, but if this is as good as I hope it is then it will be perfect to set me up for Read Dead Redemption 2 come October the 26th!

Never heard a bad word against it, a few bugs(due to the size of the world no doubt) which most will be patched Friday or soon afterwards.

Roll on Friday!

Soldato
I thought this was already out but then realised my son bought the Ultimate edition which came with early access. Enjoying what I've played of this so far, if you liked Origins then you'll like this.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
It doesn't slow down your progress it's a modern day cheat. I doubt it makes the game "better". But that's just how I see it.

Depends what the ideal pace of the game is really, doesn't it? Does the "cheat" make progress faster than intended? Or has the pace been slowed in order to increase revenue?

Polygon are certainly insinuating the latter.

Either way, why should people pay extra to customise the pace of the game to their own tastes? Surely such options should be included?

Soldato
OP
Depends what the ideal pace of the game is really, doesn't it? Does the "cheat" make progress faster than intended? Or has the pace been slowed in order to increase revenue?

Polygon are certainly insinuating the latter.

Either way, why should people pay extra to customise the pace of the game to their own tastes? Surely such options should be included?

Faster than intended from the reviews I've watched. None of them say it gets "going" after 15 hours. Cheat is for people with no attention span.

Soldato
OP
Almost here... bit naughty selling the premium editions and letting people play earlier... that should be outlawed, or is it the new "Season Pass(to play all the content that should be in the game anyway, like not that long ago.".

Soldato
OP
My gold copy will be here tomorrow and already for another 100 hour assassin's creed marathon.
Been so long that an original(Dark Souls REMASTERED gripped me for over 100 hours) console game has inspired a marathon session for so long, probably Dark Souls 3(and even that was the poorest Souls game) in 2016.

I hear one of the reviewers comparing the combat in this to Dark Souls.. hope it's true!

Last edited:
Soldato
Almost here... bit naughty selling the premium editions and letting people play earlier... that should be outlawed, or is it the new "Season Pass(to play all the content that should be in the game anyway, like not that long ago.".
It's only a few days earlier than the official release.

Back
Top Bottom