Spec me a 250gb SSD please

Man of Honour
It's a minefield out there ranging from about £37 to over £100 but what is the difference between the cheapest and say the Samsung EVO for around £55?
And then what is the difference between the Samsung £55 and £71?

At the moment I use a Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB but the problem is it's divided up as a 60gb C:drive and the rest is an e:drive but I now get all types of 'not enough HD' errors and I haven't got enough space to put the latest updates on.
The reason it's 60gb is because I originally had a 60gb SSD and used a cloning device to clone it to a 240gb which put the rest on e:

If I could combine the two drives together (what software would I use?) but I'd probably have to reinstall all the stuff I put on the e:drive anyway.

There's a few questions there so thanks

Don
Personally, I tend to go for Crucial or Samsung, depending on the use.

Samsung for system drives, Crucial for data (they tend to be cheaper per GB, but a tad slower).

Doing anyone would notice the speed difference outside of a benchmark.

Handy tool for freeing up space.. Treesize Free, it will tell you where the storage it's being used up.

Man of Honour
OP
Personally, I tend to go for Crucial or Samsung, depending on the use.

Samsung for system drives, Crucial for data (they tend to be cheaper per GB, but a tad slower).

Doing anyone would notice the speed difference outside of a benchmark.

Handy tool for freeing up space.. Treesize Free, it will tell you where the storage it's being used up.

I will go for Samsung since I've got two others but what's the difference between the £55 and the £71 drives?

I use a program called DOPUS (Directory Opus) that has a Treesize built into it and I can't see where I can free up any space so I'll start again.

Soldato
You would struggle to buy a bad SSD these days, I have SanDisk and Kingston drives in a server performing brilliantly.

Samsung drives are definitely very good, and generally the more you spend they are quicker and have higher write endurance.

Associate
It's a minefield out there ranging from about £37 to over £100 but what is the difference between the cheapest and say the Samsung EVO for around £55?
And then what is the difference between the Samsung £55 and £71?

At the moment I use a Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB but the problem is it's divided up as a 60gb C:drive and the rest is an e:drive but I now get all types of 'not enough HD' errors and I haven't got enough space to put the latest updates on.
The reason it's 60gb is because I originally had a 60gb SSD and used a cloning device to clone it to a 240gb which put the rest on e:

If I could combine the two drives together (what software would I use?) but I'd probably have to reinstall all the stuff I put on the e:drive anyway.

There's a few questions there so thanks
Why don't you back up e drive then delete the partition in disk management then extend c drive.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom