US: The Mandalorian

Associate
Feeling good about the TV series. The title and premise sounds interesting, glad they went with a bounty hunter storyline. Can see this being successful, especially with the budget they have and Favreau being in the directors seat.

If anything, I'm sure it will be better than TLJ.

Soldato
$10m per episode, one of the most expensive series ever made, what can go wrong?

I note that Taika Waititi is involved so that is another big plus.

I suppose the big question is how will we watch it as it is going to be exclusive to the Disney platform. I assume that will be US only and Netflix will show it everywhere else.

Soldato
Too many cooks springs to mind though, the cynic in me thinks they're going to screw it up like the last 2 films

Depends what the structure is, I'm not opposed to the multiple director idea as long as the overall direction is controlled centrally, with the other directors taking an episode each. We'll have to see though, for now I think the concept has a lot of ways it could go with either the lone bounty hunter or the whole Mandalore thing so I'm happy to hope for the best.

Associate
As a massive star wars fan I am super excited for this. A very interesting time period. Just gotta hope that they dont screw this up.

Soldato
I want to be excited about this but I feel that the SJW's in lucasfilm/disney will royally mess it up, like they did with Solo.

I would guess, from one of the directors picked that we'll have a major character identify as LBQTIA+***(*'s added for future extension of the term). Whilst this is not in itself bad, I'm personally not a fan, I don't like the way it's being forced down our throats. We'll end up with another Lando pansexual type character most probably - just concentrate on the films goddammit!

Soldato
I want to be excited about this but I feel that the SJW's in lucasfilm/disney will royally mess it up, like they did with Solo.

I would guess, from one of the directors picked that we'll have a major character identify as LBQTIA+***(*'s added for future extension of the term). Whilst this is not in itself bad, I'm personally not a fan, I don't like the way it's being forced down our throats. We'll end up with another Lando pansexual type character most probably - just concentrate on the films goddammit!

Lando Pansexual, I like it :p

I absolutely cringed at what they did with the Lando character in Solo :(

Shockingly bad.

Back
Top Bottom