How the **** do you install forza 4 horizon on pc

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Well was really looking forward to playing, paid on cd keys got my code yay!

went on steam would not work, looked up on steam not even on it libary.

go on windows my old micrsoft gamer accopnt i stopped using because of this horrible service they do.

code get accepted click to down load now sends me to the windows store sorry we can not find.

SERIOUSLY £50 summed up in 10 mins why my mate sold his pc and got aan xbox one x

Associate
theres currently a bug after the latest windows update where you cant access games on the windows store.

code 0x00000194

I have the game installed and was playing it fine, even after the update but today its fkd.

According to some 1 on reddit suffering from the same issue microsoft are aware and it will take them a month to release a update to fix it.

Ree

Ree

Associate
theres currently a bug after the latest windows update where you cant access games on the windows store.

code 0x00000194

I have the game installed and was playing it fine, even after the update but today its fkd.

According to some 1 on reddit suffering from the same issue microsoft are aware and it will take them a month to release a update to fix it.

i just finally got that error code fixed by signing out the store rebooting pc and signing back in, i literally couldn't click into any apps on the store without that 194. all good for now 'touch wood'.

Soldato
I am actually on board with the OP.

Calling him dim is out of order in my opinion, yes his post is a litte brash, but it's anoying as hell when you need to try and figure stuff out, unexpectedly, when all you want to do is play the new game you baught.

I remember Games for Windows Live, what a nightmare....

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
Forza horizon 4 is a windows store exclusive on the pc platform.

You need to be logged into the windows store via your microsoft account and then you redeem your code, install the game and play. It's not that hard mate.
I've done this on separate machine and still won't load it's installed loads splash screen and goes back to desktop

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
I am actually on board with the OP.

Calling him dim is out of order in my opinion, yes his post is a litte brash, but it's anoying as hell when you need to try and figure stuff out, unexpectedly, when all you want to do is play the new game you baught.

I remember Games for Windows Live, what a nightmare....

This is 100% what I feel I tried to play bat man with windows live awful awful experience never saved my games always started the game from 0% as wouldn't save data local. Took year after when there killed windows live that I could play it properly. This is rubbish I hate windows 10 disabled the update as April 2018 update caused a BSOD hard loop and basicly bricked 3 of my pcs now on my main rig won't load as it's not up to date. So install it on my second pc that's full up to date and sees my purchase I won the game refuses to see it at times restart messing about sees it and will not load pass the splash screen. I never knew windows live was remade as x box **** other wise would not of dropped 50 quid on it when there are so many good games coming out

** Fully Star out all swearing **

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I've done this on separate machine and still won't load it's installed loads splash screen and goes back to desktop
The main reason for this seems to be having Afterburner running in the background (or any overlay software) close it if you do, and it might launch.
If you don't use Afterburner, then no ideas sorry :(

Associate
he has the exact same issue and many others are having as I mentioned above.

Doesnt seem like theres a fix its just a case of waiting for another windows update.

Soldato
Microsoft store whilst a bit weird is actually a very good game launcher, never had games launch so fast and be so reliable with cloud saves.. especially as i use game-pass to play on my gaming rig and on my xbox one x when couch surfing.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
he has the exact same issue and many others are having as I mentioned above.

Doesnt seem like theres a fix its just a case of waiting for another windows update.

Joking this is so poor my only night in 3 weeks to fianly have a blast and spend the night fault finding this mess any one know how to get a refund of cd keys?

Associate

code 0x00000194

I have this issue, spent over an hour trying different fixes...

But if I open the "Xbox" app and then click Forza in there it opens the Microsoft store fine. Still doesn't work if I click anything in the Microsoft store app though.

Associate
The store started working for me against last night, and for some other people on reddit suffering from the same bug. They could launch the game but I was still unable to.

I tried uninstalling the game so I could redownload and install them again but it didnt delete the files.

Windows store games are a pain to find the actual files nevermind do anything with them.

So I am in the process of backing up before I format my drivers and reinstall.

Back
Top Bottom