Replacement ear buds/tips

Man of Honour
After a couple of months of swearing every minute while riding my bike to work and back because my buds/tips keep coming out, and after trying at least 20 pairs of silicons tips I've had from other in-ears I did a bit of homework and realised I needed foam tips/buds and especially Comply.
I bought some of their Comply T500 Sports at £15 for 2 pairs and they matched expectations - https://www.complyfoam.com/products/s-500/
Not only they did stay solid in my ears (you squash them first, put in your ear and they expand out) but the bass also became richer.
At the same time I decided to buy some cheap foam tips off Amazon at £5.99 for 6 pairs and tried them today - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0719H728R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let's just say that I can't hear/feel the difference between the dear Comply and the cheap ones!
I suppose time will tell how long they last but it will be a long time before I'll have an answer.

So any ideas of other tips I should test?

Soldato
I need some new buds and I was looking at foam ones but am I right in understanding they're only designed to last for a few months?
I find they do start to split after a while due to the whole repeated squashing and expanding motion when fitting. I'd say I use 3 sets a year? A set of 3 costing around £17.

Soldato
I've been using Comply tips for years, however I recently got some Fender IEMs and they came with some silicone tips that are kind of "sticky" so they form an incredible seal that almost pulls out the inside of my ear canals when I take them out. Think they are called "perfect fit" tips.

Man of Honour
OP
Two months on after my extensive testing and the Comply tips walk all over the cheapies.
I can't get my head around the fact they sound twice as loud and a much richer bass end.

I need to come back to this because people might search for ear tips.
Because I've got big radar ears I thought I would need the large tips and if I used the Comply or cheapies they would end up ripping after a couple of weeks.
I then tried the small size cheapies that I linked to and these stay put in my ears, haven't ripped and sound just as good as the Comply's.
I think the reason they sounded worse was because they were scrunched up so in retrospect I'm never buying Comply again and will buy the small size cheapies.

Back
Top Bottom